late night binge

Options
For the last few weeks every time I wake up in the middle of the night I have to eat. Usually its just a bowl of cereal, or half a PB&J, but it usually adds up to 150-200 calories :grumble: . It really sucks because Ill do great all day, but then screw it up in the middle of the night. does anyone else do this? or can anyone think of a good solution? THANKS!
Allie

Replies

• allie5199
    Options
    For the last few weeks every time I wake up in the middle of the night I have to eat. Usually its just a bowl of cereal, or half a PB&J, but it usually adds up to 150-200 calories :grumble: . It really sucks because Ill do great all day, but then screw it up in the middle of the night. does anyone else do this? or can anyone think of a good solution? THANKS!
    Allie
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    I have a binge eating disorder... So at night everyone's asleep and my boyfriend cant stop me from raiding the fridge upstairs... so I leave 200 calories extra at the end of the night, this way if I get up, I can try an restrain myself slightly without losing an entire days work. And then if I dont use them, its not going to kill me.

Good luck
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    When you want to binge, drink as much water as you can. It should make you feel alot fuller, and make you and make you want to eat less of whatever your craving. If that doesn't work, try brushing your teeth, I've heard that eliminates some of the desire to binge.
    I have the same problem by the way. If I must binge, I try to do it with something VERY low calorie, like a piece of string cheese.
    Also maybe try a cut of sweet tea ( not alot of sugar) if you like tea.
    I hope that helps some.
    Good luck :smile:
  • deannaboo
    deannaboo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I seem to have this problem too but not to often my problem is that I stay up late. I love to have snacks while watching tv at night. But if I do I'll have a sugar free jello hope this helps.:smile:
  • zimansmooch
    Options
    I have noticed that if I eat too late in the evening and fall asleep while I am "full" (not digested) I wake up hungry! Odd but true.

So, my self-imposed rule...do not eat a full meal after 8pm and drink a full glass of cold water before bed.

It helps...

BTW...if you really need to snack while watching TV...try sunflower seeds (like the baseball players eat)...that will keep you busy!