Help needed!!! :)

Options
I am thinking of starting the UN diet ,can somebody who has already been on it share some experiences about it? Is it healthy, how fast do the kilos go down, stuff like that. Thanks

Replies

• sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Never heard of that diet
  • колибри
    Options
    The diet consists of 4 days and than you repeat. Every 29th day you must have the WATER day. You will have to do this for 90 days without breaking any rules. After 90 days you will still have to do the breakfast rule but the rest you must pause. You might continue this diet again after 90 days of recess. Drinking water is the main key, you must drink at least 50 oz per day.
    Breakfast is always 2 piece of fruit every day for the 90 days and beyond. Alcohol is forbidden in this diet and because we are trying to change our metabolisam, if you decide to have it, you must stop this diet 48 hours in advance. The diet must be followed in this order: protein day, starch day, carbohydrates day and then water day.

1. DAY

The protein day

BREAKFAST
    2 piece of fruit

LUNCH
    You can have lean meat, vegetables (steamed or sauted), salad (as much as you can)
    OR
    Eggs, vegetables, salad, 1 slice of whole grain bread

This day you can also consume dairy products but you can't mix it with eggs. Meat and dairy can be mixed but not eggs and dairy.

You can have coffee, tea and non sugar drinks (diet) without milk. I use splenda as a sugar substitute but in very limited amount. On this day milk is allowed in your coffee.

DINNER
    The same as lunch but half of the size.
    Please note that you must eat the same type of food for lunch and dinner.
    So if you had meat for lunch that is what you need to have for a dinner. The same goes for eggs and so on.

2 DAY
    The starch day

Breakfast
    2 piece of fruit

Lunch
    On this day you can consume beans, peas, green beans, chickpeas, or rice, or potatoes, but do not mix them together. You can stew them, boil, steam and try to use less grease (fat) as possible, I usually use one table spoon of olive oil and PAM spray is good.
    You can also have steamed or sauted vegetables, with unlimited salad (use vinegar or apple cider vinegar for your salad dressing), and also slice of whole grain bread.

Dinner
    The same as lunch but half of the size.

3 DAY
    Carbohydrates Day

Breakfast
    2 piece of fruit

Lunch
    Personal size pizza without cheese. I make my own or order one with veggies (tomatoes, onions and green papers) and it tastes great.
    Pasta with marinara sauce and spices that you like, or pretzel. Be creative.

Dinner
    Desert. 1 piece of nice cake or 3-4 smaller ones.
    If you do not like deserts you can have half of the serving of you lunch leftovers.
    Note please that on this day you might need to be home after the dinner as the big bowel movement might be necessary, mostly diarrhea (Changes in the metabolism).

4 DAY
    Fruit day

Today you can only eat fruits. You can have snacks but those have to also be fruit. You can have 1/2 of cup of dried fruit. I make my own fruit salads (no sauces), drink lot of water, tea and have 1 glass of diet juice. I also drink coffee and decided not to give it up at all. You can also eat almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts but be careful with how much. Canned fruit is fine but try not to consume so much of the syrup that comes with it.
  • колибри
    Options
    maybe you know it by different name? :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It sounds like garbage, mostly. First off, starch and carbohydrates are the same thing, so having seperate days for them is silly. Also, setting up to eat specific types of food on certain days is just overcome aging things needlessly.

Eat mostly whole foods, and eat at a modest deficit, it's really that simple.
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sounds complicated...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Any diet that includes a warning about staying home because you will have diarrhea is a very bad idea in my book.
  • колибри
    Options
    i' ve read some blogs and most of them say this is a healthy diet and also it changes your metabolism. i don' t know what to think :/
  • tigersword
    Options
    I wouldn't put much faith in a random person's blog as to the effectiveness of any specific diet, unless that person happens to be a registered dietitian. Even then, a lot of people push bad advice for the sake of dollar signs.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I dont know for certain but I'm pretty certain the most effective way to change your metabolism is strength training.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Any diet that includes a warning about staying home because you will have diarrhea is a very bad idea in my book.

I agree 110% with this
  • Leahpiatt
    Leahpiatt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make a lifestyle change, don't partake in complicated diets.....
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds rather quirky and complicated. I have tried various diets and really just got tired of all the different rules. Personally, I just try to eat healthy and am trying to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables as I can, especially leafy green vegetables. I am a serious carnivore so this has been difficult for me but is getting easier and am really starting to enjoy it. There is SO much bad advise floating around out there so I just do what feels right and try to eat as much whole food as I can. Plus I have been doing a lot more cooking (which I really enjoy) and staying away from fast and pre-packaged food. Good Luck whichever way you go!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Check out this article about changing your metabolism, I think it might help you better understand your metabolism and how diet and exercise work together.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14802091/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/can-you-really-change-your-metabolism/

I agree with the others who have posted. This diet sounds like a mistake. Changing your lifestyle in moderation is how you will be successful. Crazy diets aren't the way to go. Been there done that. I learned the hard way. I was over 300 lbs two and a half years ago. I'm now in 156 lbs and working to take of 12 pounds of the 15 I regained. I had to change my life, not go on a diet.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wow after reading all that I'm glad that all I do is diet and exercise and I am losing weight and getting into shape....not that complicated it has worked for so many of us! Military people would say KISS!
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
  • tigersword
    Options
    I dont know for certain but I'm pretty certain the most effective way to change your metabolism is strength training.

This is the truth. Strength training and eating a slightly higher amount of calories is the way to boost and reset metabolism. Strength training causes muscles to use more energy for repair and maintenance (and if eating a calorie surplus, growth,) while taking some time to eat more will help your hormones reset.

A lot of people either don't know about, or just ignore the hormonal aspect of metabolism and weight loss. Eat at a sustained calorie deficit for extended amounts of time, and your hormones kick in to further reduce your metabolism in an attempt to achieve homeostasis (the human body has been designed through evolution to store fat, not lose fat.) Taking a month off every few months or so to eat at maintenance will help to reset your hormone levels, and reset your metabolism. This is also why a lot of people stall out, and then start losing again when they increase their calories, your hormones reset and your metabolism boosts.
  • колибри
    Options
    thank you all for the usefull advices, i am most sertanly going to think twice about this diet or any other. :)
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    This