Help!!!!!

Options
I started a 1200 calorie diet on January 20th. I have lost a total of 3lbs since then. We are doing a biggest loser diet thru our office and I dont feel that I am losing as much as the other women.

I go to Curves 3 times a day for 30 -45 mins and I also have the Wii fit that I use when I am not going to Curves.

Does anyone have any pointers that would help me to loose more weight???

Replies

• jessica_2002
    Options
    I started a 1200 calorie diet on January 20th. I have lost a total of 3lbs since then. We are doing a biggest loser diet thru our office and I dont feel that I am losing as much as the other women.

I go to Curves 3 times a day for 30 -45 mins and I also have the Wii fit that I use when I am not going to Curves.

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i hope you mean 3 times a WEEK, not 3 times a DAY?! :noway:

are you eating clean? i've been at this since just before then and ive only lost about 5 lbs, then put 2-3 back on and have been kinda plateau(ed) already.

i say, press on and you'll kick butt. :drinker:
  • Binkylove
    Options
    Drink more........... water it really helps. Also walk 10,000 steps each and every day!

Pamela XXX

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't eating enough... Does that 1200 include your exercise calories too? Then maybe you could try bumping it up to 1300 or even 1500 calories and see if your body thinks that's enough and will let you burn off fat.

Did you mean you go to Curves 3x/wk? That's a good amount, 3x a day is too much if you're doing cardio (but if you're doing cardio 1x, weight another, something like yoga the third you're fine). But you are burning a lot of calories that would need to be factored in...

Also, our body adjusts fairly quickly, so you might want to up the intensity of your cardio.

Then it also depends on how much you have to lose. If your goal is to lose 20 pounds altogether, it's going to be a long road to do so, in which case the 3 pounds would be ok for a month or so. The more fat you have the easier it is to lose in the beginning.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back those workout calories?
  • jessica_2002
    Options
    oopppsss...yeah I mean working out 3 times a week......not 3 times a day!!!!:embarassed:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

eat your excercise calories. pay attention to where you are getting calories from (more fat than carbs, etc). drink your water.

i guarantee your body fat % is dropping and you are loosing inches from being dedicated to curves. i go there too and was w/m last night - lost 7 inches since 1/22. a tip at curves it to really pust out the reps. the more you concentrate on the form and the more you push thru (meaning do your reps faster!) the better results you will see. on the leg press, the donkey kick one and squat machine are the exceptions. you have to use the machine the way it is designed - pushing out fast and bringing it back slow.

hope this helps!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? Lean muscle burns fat more quickly and efficiently than fat does.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

lookin at your profile it says you only are trying to lose 16- The last 20lbs are how can I put this a B**ch!
    They will come off slowly- but try kicking up your workouts- How many calories are you burning when you hit the gym.

Understand that bigger people with more weight to lose will drop weight much faster then someone smaller with less to lose.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    I agree that you are porbably losing inches. Do your meaurements and see. I have been at this faithfully since Feb 3rd (took a week off from exercise as I have been sick) and although I am not losing as quickly as I had hoped I have been losing a ton of inches and was actually able to go down a full pant size!!! Keep at it, don't get discouraged it will come off!!!:flowerforyou: