Eat less with Almonds!

Options
I found the secret to curb your appetite. A week ago I read that almonds (pretty much all nuts) but more specifically almonds would help you lose weight and suppress your appetite.
I tried everything to help me out I would eat very well during the day and it seems I ate the calories at dinner time. I tried apples, drink glass a water, snacks before dinner and it did not work.
Well now, I eat 1.50z or 2oz of almonds and the amount of food I ate for dinner was cut in half. Almonds are heavy in calories but they are the right kind of calories, as matter of fact the study found that they could not accurately calculate the calories in almonds because they really are not digested well. ( Don’t kill the messenger it worked for me)
I was exited about this let me know if it works for.
Hope I could help?

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I found the secret to curb your appetite. A week ago I read that almonds (pretty much all nuts) but more specifically almonds would help you lose weight and suppress your appetite.
    I tried everything to help me out I would eat very well during the day and it seems I ate the calories at dinner time. I tried apples, drink glass a water, snacks before dinner and it did not work.
    Well now, I eat 1.50z or 2oz of almonds and the amount of food I ate for dinner was cut in half. Almonds are heavy in calories but they are the right kind of calories, as matter of fact the study found that they could not accurately calculate the calories in almonds because they really are not digested well. ( Don’t kill the messenger it worked for me)
    I was exited about this let me know if it works for.
    Hope I could help?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me... I'm a nut about nuts and can easily get through 5 oz on one sitting. Keep them away!
  • marisol7649
    Options
    Oh I am sorry,:smile: It worked for me and I thought I shared it:wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i find the same affect from almonds. i eat them with apples and cheese in the afternoon and i am good to go until 7-8pm.

thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • beagle595
    Options
    Yes I love almonds! I also snack on them.. But I have to measure a 1/4 cup and put them away... otherwise I can't stop eating them. I eat raw almonds instead of roasted to get the full benefits. I guess were both a little nutty! :laugh:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: raw almonds!!!:love:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    i bought a big bag of raw almonds...........didnt like them so i toasted them in the oven...every day i grab a hand full of them.......keep me going! yay i agree
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I adore almonds- I always have them some way or another at lunch, either in my salad or with an apple and a babybel cheese. I also have them at night for a snack. They are great and they do make me eat less. Thanks for the topic!! :happy:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    i bought a big bag of raw almonds...........didnt like them so i toasted them in the oven...every day i grab a hand full of them.......keep me going! yay i agree

How did you toast your almonds? How long and such? Did you put anything on them!? Thanks!!!

~Leash
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love almonds too! They are an awesome snack! I buy them in bulk even though my hubby has an almond allergy... :huh:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I keep a baggie of them in my desk(raw almonds).:happy: They are something I can easliy eat in class(I teach HS) and they are filling and yummy not to mention high in potassium so great for counteracting high sodium foods. I also keep a baggie in my purse so if I forget to have my afternoon snack I can eat them on the way to the gym or home and on weekends when I get caught out with no way to stop for my meal, I have them ready to get some calories in. They really come in handy. If you have a prob with nuts count them into baggies and separate the servings only keep one serving with you, maybe that will help!:flowerforyou:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me... I'm a nut about nuts and can easily get through 5 oz on one sitting. Keep them away!
    I can and have eaten half a can in one sitting! Maybe some day I can have yummy stuff in the house without devouring it all in a day. Is there a thread on here about developing will-power?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I can and have eaten half a can in one sitting! Maybe some day I can have yummy stuff in the house without devouring it all in a day. Is there a thread on here about developing will-power?

I've read that what's more important than will-power is the wisdom to avoid situations where you will be likely to overeat. Therefore, my kitchen contains only food that I don't get "excited" about. In my opinion, most overweight is the result of being "excited" about eating. So, I keep my home food inventory less "exciting" and lower in calories.
  • marisol7649
    Options
    Toasting almonds great input. So why did you guys keep it a secret?????/:tongue:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Toasting almonds great input. So why did you guys keep it a secret?????/:tongue:
    :laugh:
    I never thought of toasting them. I have some left so I'll try this.
    Thanks for the idea!
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    i love almonds and english walnuts. i buy both in bulk, raw. when i eat them i only have 1/2 a serving, so about 1/8 cup. then most days i can have both! :tongue: they definately help curb my appetite. they are quick and easy to grab or prepare for an on-the-go snack anytime! walnuts have the Omega -3's.