December chills

Options
Sometimes I know I will just not want to go to the gym and just stay home specially if the roads are bad. We live in an upper flat, so what's a good way to get cardio in without stomping around and having my neighbor think a heard of elephants live upstairs?

Replies

• ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Stairs.
    "The Bar Method" videos. Its ballet/pilates type workout, its not noisy jumping around.
  • wekickkittt
    Options
    Thank you!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Yoga or Pilates. There are lots of YouTube options available for free (check yogayak and pop pilates), or check out a DVD from the library. No jumping and you can burn some serious calories if you really get into the poses.
  • wekickkittt
    Options
    Yoga or Pilates. There are lots of YouTube options available for free (check yogayak and pop pilates), or check out a DVD from the library. No jumping and you can burn some serious calories if you really get into the poses.

One thing I'm worried about is that really not getting my heart rate up enough.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not too late, don't worry about your neighbors or talk to them in advance.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

One thing I'm worried about is that really not getting my heart rate up enough.

With Pilates I sweat buckets and burn quite a few calories because it's consistent movement. There a Yoga for the Warrior DVD from Bob Harper that gives me a calorie burn better than the treadmill - it's no joke. You just have to find the right workouts.