Carbs!

I always seem to go over on the carbs despite avoiding potatoes, bread and pasta! - I think cereal is my weakness.

Any suggestions on how to replace the cereal or carbs in generalor another alternative for breakfast that actually fills me up (fruit isnt enough!). I find it really difficult to cut out carbs completely because it makes me really hungry!

Any suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    There is no reason to worry about going "over" in carbs if you are still in a calorie deficit, assuming you are able to get in adequate fats and protein and you have no underlying metabolic disorders that would require a low carb diet

but to answer your question

eggs

bacon

greek yogurt

ham

some sort of shake
  • jenC_wl
    jenC_wl Posts: 3 Member
    Hey thanks for the suggestions Im trying to keep the fat content low as well but you are right I think I can have some carbs so one bowl of cereal shouldnt do any harm!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Egg whites with veggies, a piece of fruit and a slice of low carb bread. Works for me everytime. :drinker:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Im trying to keep the fat content low as well

Generally speaking, avoiding a macronutrient isn't a good idea. Avoiding two of them is going to make your diet hell.

In other words, if you're trying to go very low on carbs AND low on fat, you basically are left with all protein. Not a good idea.
  • have you been to a doctor? Not being smart but I was a carb junkie--bread and potatoes watch out. And craved them like crazy. Started getting sleepy and gained weight too easily. Found out I was insulin resistant. Body craved carbs. Not saying you are but just beware. I can do carbs just whole grains and staying away fromt he bad whites.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Carbs are NOT bad for you - but certain carbs are just junk. Unless you have an underlying medical issue - instead of no carb (or even low carb) aim for "good carbs" - whole grains are good for you. I eat cereal too. Kashi is really good, many varieties are high fiber and higher in protien than other cereals.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    I find that when I eat breads, cereals, pasta, rice etc no matter what my calorie count is, I either don't lose or gain. So I try not to each them at all or at most 1 meal a day. Carbs from other sources don't see to be an issue. I find protein is the answer, for me, to keep hunger at bay. I do a yogurt smoothie with a protein supplement in the morning and it fills me up and tastes great. I eat frequently and eat time there is protein included.