Elliptical vs. Exercise Bike

Options
I have an option to purchase used either a Proform Cross Trainer Elliptical or a Gold's Gym Power Spin Exercise Bike. I am interested in getting opinions on which may be better suited for what I am looking for as I have never owned an Elliptical before. There are several factors that I would like to be included:

1. I do have an old knee injury that acts up sometimes when I over work it. Running really bothers it, but I owned a exercise bike a few years ago that never caused me problems with the knee.

2. Space. I only have a small space to designate for the machine I choose. It will be going into a section of my living room behind my couch. The space is approximately 5 feet x 7 feet.

3. My intent is to use the machine I choose in the afternoons while watching my favorite shows instead of doing the couch potato thing that I would usually do. I do currently workout doing cardo and strength videos in the mornings, I am just trying to find a way to burn a few extra calories in the afternoons during a time I would usually be just relaxing.

If anyone has an opinion on this the input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks