It is Thursday...

Options
And my arms are killing me. I worked out my upper body on Monday and am just now feeling the results. Usually when I workout I can tell the next day, but it has been three days and wow are they hurting...muscles that I didn't even know I had! Any suggestions on why this may be or how to help take the pain away?

Replies

• jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    And my arms are killing me. I worked out my upper body on Monday and am just now feeling the results. Usually when I workout I can tell the next day, but it has been three days and wow are they hurting...muscles that I didn't even know I had! Any suggestions on why this may be or how to help take the pain away?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    4 advil and a long hot soak - - way to work hard!
  • beagle595
    Options
    Agree with Chrissy...
    and maybe a nice slow stretch of your muscles after lifting. And drink several glasses of water afterwards to rid your body of the toxins.. :flowerforyou:
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I've done both of those, I guess I was just wondering why it took three days for me to "feel the burn"

But oh well, I guess it's a good thing!

Thanks again for the help!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Peak soreness is 48 to 72 hours after exercise. Make sure that you stay active and that will help. Also make sure to eat enough protein to help rebuild those muscles.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Really just work out again. I don't feel it until 2-3 days later too and that is when I work out again. It really does help the soreness. Make sure to warm up well and maybe take a little less weight this time and do a smaller first set to get moving then add more reps the second set. Good Luck!:drinker: