Nutrition when sick: Does my body need more calories?

Options
I have a sinus cold and I ate breakfast about 45 minutes ago, a breakfast high in protein that I eat almost everyday (omelette with various vegetables and meat substitutes and some cheese, plus a yogurt) and I'm always full for a while afterwards.

Right now though, I feel hungry and I'm not sure if it's from being sick or because over the past two days my stomach has gotten used to bigger portions and now just feels empty because of the smaller portion size.

I feel weak from being sick too, so I'm wondering if maybe my body needs more calories to fight off the cold? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    wishful thinking really. Any extra calories spent on fighting the infection are probably cancelled out because you won't be as active as usual while sick.
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    Unfortunately I'll be more active today, even though I don't feel well at all. Thanks though :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I say listen to your body. I had the stomach bug last week and the only thing that was tolerable to eat was potato chips and sprite. So that's what I ate for a few days. It didn't kill me. Try to take it easy, eat quality healthy food, and drink lots.