hold my belly accountable

Options
ok mfp-ers, i need your help!

i've decided to enter the double crown bellydance competition in 2010. that gives me over a year to prep and get my belly in better shape. eeeek!

here's my training plan:

on the week days i don't have dance class already, i MUST do at least one hour of drills/cardio/weight training/anything other than sitting on my butt watching tv.

on the weekends i MUST do at least one hour of serious technique drills, one hour of finger cymbal drills, and one hour of improv with finger cymbals. performances/gigs do not count as practice!!!

because life happens, any time i missed during the week i will make up on the weekend.

i'm going to post weekly progress reports, and i want to be seriously berated for not adhereing to my schedule. you'd think the idea of making an *kitten* of myself onstage in front of my peers and judges would be motivation enough!:embarassed:

off to shimmy up a training schedule,
emily aka farasha belle

ps-any pro or semi-pro dancers on mfp, please feel free to send me any tips, advice, whatever! its all good!

Replies

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ok mfp-ers, i need your help!

i've decided to enter the double crown bellydance competition in 2010. that gives me over a year to prep and get my belly in better shape. eeeek!

here's my training plan:

on the week days i don't have dance class already, i MUST do at least one hour of drills/cardio/weight training/anything other than sitting on my butt watching tv.

on the weekends i MUST do at least one hour of serious technique drills, one hour of finger cymbal drills, and one hour of improv with finger cymbals. performances/gigs do not count as practice!!!

because life happens, any time i missed during the week i will make up on the weekend.

i'm going to post weekly progress reports, and i want to be seriously berated for not adhereing to my schedule. you'd think the idea of making an *kitten* of myself onstage in front of my peers and judges would be motivation enough!:embarassed:

off to shimmy up a training schedule,
    emily aka farasha belle

ps-any pro or semi-pro dancers on mfp, please feel free to send me any tips, advice, whatever! its all good!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    All right Miss Belly Dancer...WHAT ARE YOU DOING SITTIN' AROUND AT MFP INSTEAD OF WORKING OUT?!!!

:tongue: :laugh: :wink:

Jus' being your drill sergeant! I think your plan sounds great and you could do it even if you DIDN'T have us all right behind you! You go, girl! Good luck!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I was at yoga last night and she is actually starting belly dancing classes in April...I am so there!! She showed me a few moves and I was like wow! That is sexy and interesting. I want to learn it. I want to be able to relax and move like there is no tomorrow....I envy you :blushing:
  • emtink
    Options
    i'm (cough cough) working right now! although i have my own office, so no reason i can't be drilling!
  • emtink
    Options
    You go girl! I was at yoga last night and she is actually starting belly dancing classes in April...I am so there!! She showed me a few moves and I was like wow! That is sexy and interesting. I want to learn it. I want to be able to relax and move like there is no tomorrow....I envy you :blushing:

no envy necessary... just do it! its a ton of fun and has seriously changed my whole out look on life.