Nutrition INFO for Deep Fried Turkey

Options
Hey Everyone! I'm getting together with family this weekend and you guys gave me some pretty good ideas for desserts, which I'm taking. But I just found out that we're having deep fried turkey. I've looked several places for the nutrion info for preparing turkey this way, everything I've found varies from a couple hundred calories to more than 600 calories for a 3 1/2 oz serving. I'm trying to get a close estimate before hand so that I can plan my meals for the day accordingly. I've already lost 4 pounds, so I don't want to undo all of my hard work at one family dinner! Thank you for whatever help you can provide!

Stacey

Replies

• Stacey82
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm getting together with family this weekend and you guys gave me some pretty good ideas for desserts, which I'm taking. But I just found out that we're having deep fried turkey. I've looked several places for the nutrion info for preparing turkey this way, everything I've found varies from a couple hundred calories to more than 600 calories for a 3 1/2 oz serving. I'm trying to get a close estimate before hand so that I can plan my meals for the day accordingly. I've already lost 4 pounds, so I don't want to undo all of my hard work at one family dinner! Thank you for whatever help you can provide!

Stacey
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i don't know how to help, but the topic title made me think this:

deep fried turkey info=delicious

sorry:laugh:

is it really any different than cooking a turkey in the oven? i don't think the turkey abosrbs much oil in the process of cooking...
  • Stacey82
    Options
    i don't know how to help, but the topic title made me think this:

deep fried turkey info=delicious

sorry:laugh:

is it really any different than cooking a turkey in the oven? i don't think the turkey abosrbs much oil in the process of cooking...

lol My mouth started watering the minute I found out what was for dinner! That's why I'm really hoping to be able to eat it, even if it's the only thing I eat! I've read a couple things that say if you keep the temp above 350* the turkey doesn't absorb any more fat than if it were done in the oven.

Just wondering if I can trust that info and put that in my food diary so I can plan the rest of my meals around it?
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Nutritional Information (per 5.9 ounce serving)
    Calories 383
    Protein 45 grams
    Fat (51%) 21 grams
    Carbohydrate 1 grams
    Sodium 1116 mg
    Cholesterol 129 mg

Found this info for deep fried turkey...Does anyone think that this sounds right?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Nutritional Information (per 5.9 ounce serving)
    Calories 383
    Protein 45 grams
    Fat (51%) 21 grams
    Carbohydrate 1 grams
    Sodium 1116 mg
    Cholesterol 129 mg

Found this info for deep fried turkey...Does anyone think that this sounds right?

That's the same info I found.
  • Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    I've been looking for a fried turkey nutrition too. But I don't use oil.. I use a Charbroil Big Easy.
    http://www.charbroil.com/smokers-fryers/outdoor-fryers/the-big-easy.html

Any ideas? Seems like it has to be healthy, the fat melts off . . ..