um I kind of splurged on shopping trip

Options
I have never paid more than 50 bucks for a pair of jeans but I have always looked at the Seven for all Mankind jeans and thought one of these days I am going to fit my butt in a pair of those.
Well.. I bought a pair at lunch and I know it was definitely a splurge but I felt so dang good when I put them on. Have you guys splurged a little on one item or a new wardrobe?

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have never paid more than 50 bucks for a pair of jeans but I have always looked at the Seven for all Mankind jeans and thought one of these days I am going to fit my butt in a pair of those.
    Well.. I bought a pair at lunch and I know it was definitely a splurge but I felt so dang good when I put them on. Have you guys splurged a little on one item or a new wardrobe?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    About a month ago, I splurged on two new pairs of yoga capri pants from LuLu Lemon. I still have the tags on one of them in case I feel the need to return them...
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME!!! 40 pounds lost, you definitely deserve it. And now that you have them and you "splurged" you can use them as incentive jeans to keep working hard to be able to stay in them. Great job!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    ha I do it all the time! lol I have a shopping problem, you'd probably like true religions they make you look leaner because of the stitching, the only bad thing is they stretch and then they feel big after you where them a couple times but they go back after you wash them, at least with mine! Have fun with your 7's

~Leash
  • willywonka
    Options
    Ok I have never had a pair of "designer" jeans, do you guys put them in the dryer or no?
    these are 97% cotton, 3 % spandex.
    And thank you all, you are making me feel so much better about getting them :wink:
  • laylae0714
    Options
    NEVER put them in the dryer.

Haha sorry.. I'm 5'9" and that just equals disaster.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    omg im a shopaholic!! jeans and shoes (sandals) glittery, shiny, jewels etc.............have yall ever tried the VS jeans? look em up called the V jean........omg they are terriffic......fit like second skin....except not SOOO tight....i wore a 12 when i joined here now ive ordered a 10 i encourage you try just ONE pair.....they are on sale right now for $39.50 online i believe, let me know what you think!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Definitely don't put them in the dryer, I even wash mine inside out to avoid fading as much as possible!

~Leash
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD YOU DEFENITELY DESERVE A TREAT NOW AND THEN IT ENCOURAGES YOU MORE AND BOOSTS YOURE SELF ESTEEM TOO
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have recently went on a shopping spree as well...lots of high heels in different colors, jeans, capris, dresses, including the little black hoochy dress that every girl must have, and business suits...I was lectured to not take the tags off until I wear them and to hang them up to dry. They keep their color and shape longer and less chance of shrinkage...I take that advice and LOVE my new wardrobe....makes losing the weight that much more fun :happy:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    No dryer!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I haven't yet, but when I reach my goal weight, or maybe to motivate myself to reach my goal weight lol I'm going to buy a Juicy Couture bathing suit. I think I'm going to buy it and then hang it up where I can see it every day to remind myself of one of the reasons I need to reach my goal. :smile:
  • laylae0714
    Options
    Oh girl.. Juicy Couture..

sounds like a fabulous idea. I might steal it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

If you have the money, please boost the economy and your your spirits!! :flowerforyou:

Love,
    Lauryn
  • Huyvee999
    Huyvee999 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of the Seven Jeans a while ago....about 5 years ago and if i can get my butt back into those I will for sure splurge and buy more.

NO Dryer!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep, I went into debt overspending.........alot of people had mentioned a great obsession with food, binging and so on.........mine was shopping......I did a daily trip to the mall or boutique......I used to buy 4 pair of shoes a week. for a whopping 100 pair.......I have over 30 pair of jeans.........25 strapless tops.........10 halters...........8 jackets.........10 long sweaters...........10 cardigans......100 panties...........15 bras..........8 workout outfits...........12 pair of casual pants..........shall I stop????? All of these ranging from size 14-20........well this was when I thought, you know what I am always gonna be a big girl I am gonna Diva this 220 pounds out.......and boy did I..............it was when I realized I didn't fit in that stuff anymore and had to look at going further in debt to buy bigger sizes that I decided I wasn't gonna accept this anymore......and now the way the economy is and learning the above lesson of obsession......I hit the goodwill for my shopping needs now, I say splurge on 1 pair of great jeans......what the hey......just try not to make it 30 pair...LOL

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • willywonka
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!! I will definitely not be throwing them in the dryer now. Do they get stiff once you lay them flat to dry? I like how soft they feel now
    I love hearing about your treats to yourselves also.
    we deserve it, right :wink:
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    To all you ladies that are vertically challenged.....

I recently treated myself to a pair of jeans from Buckle.....they will alter them for free and ship them to you....Now, I am 5' tall and my inseam (don't laugh) is only 26" - so jeans, pants, etc are always a challenge...Buckle has come to the rescue. They can get a bit pricey, but, everytime I put them on I feel like a million bucks!!! They have many different brands/styles to choose from: I got Lucky's and Big Star's for my stumps of what most of you call legs - lol

Always a good thing to spluge a little....this is why women don't have mid-life crisis issues....haha
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    lol im with miss sassiebritches haha i live with my boyfriend and i m pretty sure when he gave me a key last year he didnt expect imelda marcos to move in........lol my closet is overloaded with shoes, sandals boots, flip flops......i cant seem to stop..........belts.........all kinds.........lol ugh its a sickness i tell you!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    They don't get too stiff no, put fabric softener in the wash if your worried about that! They loosen up once you put them on though.

~Leash
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!