Couch to 5k

Options
I just ran "day 2" of "week 5"!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER in my life run for more than 5 milutes straight, and I just ran for 20 minutes straight! I thought I was going to have to repeat day 1 of week 5, but after 8 minutes, I thought, hey I still have it in me! And I actually did it! I am so dang proud of me! I just had to share!

PS I use Robert's pod casts to keep me going.

~Tami

Replies

• Tami2w
    Tami2w Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just ran "day 2" of "week 5"!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER in my life run for more than 5 milutes straight, and I just ran for 20 minutes straight! I thought I was going to have to repeat day 1 of week 5, but after 8 minutes, I thought, hey I still have it in me! And I actually did it! I am so dang proud of me! I just had to share!

PS I use Robert's pod casts to keep me going.

~Tami
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    Way to go that is awesome, it inspires me to go to the gym after work:happy:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Nice job. I have heard that is a good program. Are you signed up for a 5k?
  • Tami2w
    Tami2w Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am planning my first 5k (my first race ever) in September. My husband and I are doing the c to 5k and the 5k together. I am getting excited that think that something I NEVER dreamed I could do before, I can actually do! :happy:
    ~Tami
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You've inspired me. I've been thinking about it and downloaded the podcasts, but haven't actually hit the pavement. I will this weekend!!!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am doing that program also. I use Robert's podcasts too. I did W2D1 yesterday and it was awesome. I'm running my second 5K in May at the zoo. I can't wait. I am hoping to run the whole thing and not stop like I did with the first one.

Keep up with the great work.