Fasting??

Options
2»

Replies

• gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did a 24 hour juice fast yesterday because i had a belly ache from all the fatty foods i ate. I still feel ill.
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There is no quick fix solution to weight-loss! Eat healthy, control your portion size, and exercise - that is the only way to go.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Normally when a question about fasting is asked, a lot of people tend to attack. Just ignore their ignorant comments. Make your own choice on the matter. As for me, I think fasting & cleanses are beneficial. Fruit & veggie cleanses are a nice little jump start :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I do a fruit juice "fast" every so often but only to regulate my internals. If you're gonna fast do the fruit and or veggie juice. I would not waste my money on the special powders.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No fasts for me. I like to eat too much.

Had to fast 12 hours before a medical procedure. Not fun.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I just completed a two hour koolaid fast and I didn't lose nothun! What the hell!?!?
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    www.freedomyou.com has a lot of great recipes for juicing, my favorite is Runner's Delight.
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fasting and Eating for Health is a great book. I didn't say the weight would always come back, I just meant that if you don't adopt a healthier way of eating and you go back to eating a S.A.D. diet then the weight will come back.

It all comes down to personal preference. Some people like fasting some don't and that's okay. Figure out what works for you and that's what counts.
  • Thunderrose1
    Options
    I thought we weren't supposed to put adds here or try to sell stuff.
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Fasting is only good when you are sick with the cold. We heal quicker if we dont use the energy to digest food while the body is trying to heal.

I don't recommend fasting to lose weight but if you are looking to detox the body it is best to juice veggies and limit animal protein intake. It is recommended to juice if we are not eating enough veggies in our diet HOWEVER, we should do atleast a few days of veggie juicing when the seasons change. The best thing to do is do your own research and know your body.

If you are looking to lose weight it is important to maintain a diet with a lot of veggies, whole grains, and natural foods. Any animal protein taken in should be organic in order to avoid the added hormones. The best advice I was given is to avoid the food sold in the middle of the market and only shop in the outter portion of the store. All the food sold in the middle of the store is processed and has perservatives. Much luck to you, I hope you find what works for you!