Best way to lose the tummy fat?

Options
What is your best tryed and true ways to beat the muffin top? I have 3 kids, my youngest born 8 months ago. I go to the gym and usually do an hour body pump or body attack then 30 minute eliptacal, or I do Cto5k for 30 minutes. I am keeping my calories at 1400. So what is the best thing to do for the bulge?

~Tami

Replies

• Tami2w
    Tami2w Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is your best tryed and true ways to beat the muffin top? I have 3 kids, my youngest born 8 months ago. I go to the gym and usually do an hour body pump or body attack then 30 minute eliptacal, or I do Cto5k for 30 minutes. I am keeping my calories at 1400. So what is the best thing to do for the bulge?

~Tami
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had to cut out artificial sweetener ie diet soda, and once I did my "pooch" completely disappeared; however, this doesn't work for everyone and seems to be a reaction to the sweetener.

I also started running which helps immensely with shedding those love handles, I run on the treadmill for 40 minutes: 5 minute warm up at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2, 3 mins running at 6.2, 3 mins walking at 4.2 and a cool down for 5 mins at 3.5. I HATE to run but as i've noticed results after just a month of doing it I keep with it and actually look forward to it!

Weight lifting light weights, high reps and yoga type activity will also help to tone :)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Cardio will burn fat all over your body. Strength training will tone the muscle underneath, so when you burn the fat away, you'll be smokin' hot.

There's no way to target certain areas though. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just lost my muffin top! It took losing 10 pounds (burning about 400-800 calories/day and eating between 1200-1400) but even sitting down, she's gone. Okay, well maybe a tiny hint of one in my size 8s, but in the 10s? Nada.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Cardio....

crunches/sit-ups, etc. will not work by themselves.
  • laurs
    laurs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Run.

basically any kind of cardio.
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have found that cardio has helped the most. I started running 2 months ago and have lost 8 pounds. It has also reduced my tummy by 2 inches. Sometimes you just have to stop worrying about it and just keep doing what you are doing and it will work itself out.
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's been said previously-- cardio, cardio, cardio.

Watch your carb intake. Eat clean:flowerforyou:
  • SableGrey
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I've just started working out in the last two weeks and of course it's the mid section I'm most concerned with. This week I've really bumped up my workout from just walking to walking with weights and running (can I just say I hate my boobs now...HATE). This makes me feel good in that I must be doing the right things to tone up the tummy. I also, for my warm up, do some crunches and tummy lifts.

RiverRatChick said watch the carb intake. (I'm new, please be patient) Should my goal be lower than what the tools here suggest?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I've just started working out in the last two weeks and of course it's the mid section I'm most concerned with. This week I've really bumped up my workout from just walking to walking with weights and running (can I just say I hate my boobs now...HATE). This makes me feel good in that I must be doing the right things to tone up the tummy. I also, for my warm up, do some crunches and tummy lifts.

RiverRatChick said watch the carb intake. (I'm new, please be patient) Should my goal be lower than what the tools here suggest?

MFP uses the Recommended Daily Allotment guidelines for your nutrients. While it's not a bad thing to change them around a little, it's generally easier to stick with them for a couple weeks until you're comfortable with the way of life. Then you can make adjustments based on how you train if you get stuck at some point.

Carbohydrates don't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat. The only reason to limit carbohydrate intake is if you feel that you're not getting sufficient protein or fat, but you are within recommended guidelines.
  • SableGrey
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options

MFP uses the Recommended Daily Allotment guidelines for your nutrients. While it's not a bad thing to change them around a little, it's generally easier to stick with them for a couple weeks until you're comfortable with the way of life. Then you can make adjustments based on how you train if you get stuck at some point.

Carbohydrates don't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat. The only reason to limit carbohydrate intake is if you feel that you're not getting sufficient protein or fat, but you are within recommended guidelines.

Just providing my input on what I did... Everyone has their own way and obviously mine worked for me. Thanks, Song.