Need more Breakfast options

Options
2»

Replies

• cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake a banana every morning...3 yrs now and not sick of it yet! I do Click Espresso Shake if I want the caffeine, or Amplify Smoothie from GNC.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Eggs -- yes, whole eggs. Don't fear them!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Shell and all...?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Shell and all...?
    If you like, sure. :laugh:
  • victoria1957
    victoria1957 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I either make juice the night before or a boiled egg and string cheese with a banana....super filling and easy!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Plain, fat-free Greek yogurt (very high in protein), All Bran cereal (very high in fibre) and a serving of fruit topped off with a TBP of ground Flax seed.....I used to have mixed berries (frozen variety, thawed) or organic strawberries...yummy, but I ate so many of them that I became allergic! Now I am stuck with raisins in the winter....can't wait for summer and nectarines, peaches, etc.
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    Will it make me thin....
    lol
    Shell and all...?
    If you like, sure. :laugh:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it depends on when you have to go to work and you say you're at home by 7pm? how early do you go to sleep? I ask because I wake up early enough that I have time to eat at least 300-500calories before I leave for the day, so that's not coming from a protein bar. eggs, tea/coffee, a fruit like a banana, yogurt, and some almonds, or oatmeal, fruit, toasts, etc. . .and my vitamin If I eat a lot in the morning it keeps from overdoing it at lunch. I see it as a better way to just live my life, not being rushed if I can help it. and eliminating stress b/c more sleep and more food

this is just what suits me best.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My main breakfast meals are:

2 boiled eggs with 1 string cheese. 220 calories
    1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar (2 bars in one packet) and a string cheese. 270 calories
    1 apple, 1 boiled egg, 1 string cheese. 230 calories
    1 slice whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter. 250 calories
    2 packets instant high fiber oatmeal. 335 calories
    2 eggs scrambled, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread. 300 calories
    1 grapefruit and 1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar. 335 calories.

One of those is what I eat most days. I do stop at Kwik Trip some mornings and get a bowl of their soup for breakfast though. Those are days when I then have one of the above meals for lunch because the soup is much higher in calories.
  • stephsergi
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars, hard boiled eggs, omelets, oatmeal, low cal cereal with low fat milk, bacon... here's a few ideas for ya. I have a hard time with that too. Do you work in an office with a kitchen area to plug things in?

My boss has a microwave in her office that I can use but I don't have access to a fridge/freezer while at work.

Thank you everyone for these great ideas!
  • stephsergi
    Options
    it depends on when you have to go to work and you say you're at home by 7pm? how early do you go to sleep? I ask because I wake up early enough that I have time to eat at least 300-500calories before I leave for the day, so that's not coming from a protein bar. eggs, tea/coffee, a fruit like a banana, yogurt, and some almonds, or oatmeal, fruit, toasts, etc. . .and my vitamin If I eat a lot in the morning it keeps from overdoing it at lunch. I see it as a better way to just live my life, not being rushed if I can help it. and eliminating stress b/c more sleep and more food

this is just what suits me best.

I'm usually asleep by midnight on weekdays only because I have to get up at 6 am for work and I am out the door by 7am. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP (this morning!) and I know my biggest problem is not eating enough throughout the day and stuffing my face when I get home from 7 pm until the time I go to sleep. So now I want to set up a daily food plan to help me stay on track.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm usually in a hurry to get to work. I normally have a cup of coffee at home and bring a travel mug with me on the way to work but I need to actually start EATING breakfast.

Any suggestions on some quick, easy (and of course, healthy!) options for breakfast??

Is your night time eating causing you to go over your calorie limits, and additionally, are you typically very hungry in the morning?

Just trying to get a handle on your reasoning for trying to eat breakfast. Your lifestyle seems to suggest that it would be more convenient not to do so.

Curious on the above.
  • amiller7x7
    amiller7x7 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My bride cooks up a portion (eg 1/2 cup) of steel cut oats (Bob's Red Mill since we are gluten-free) the night before. In the morning, I add some craisens and microwave it for 2 1/2 min - ready to eat! Couldn't be much faster! The steel cut oats really don't mush up from the re-heating unlike rolled oats tend to do.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If I have time to eat at home, I add eggs to a ziploc, add veggies (spinach, toms, olives, S&P) whatever you want.
    Mix in the baggie, put in boiling water for 10 mins and ta-da an omelet.

So you boil of this in the bag? What an AWESOME idea - thanks!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If I have time to eat at home, I add eggs to a ziploc, add veggies (spinach, toms, olives, S&P) whatever you want.

The bag doesn't melt?!?!?!?!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP (this morning!) and I know my biggest problem is not eating enough throughout the day and stuffing my face when I get home from 7 pm until the time I go to sleep. So now I want to set up a daily food plan to help me stay on track.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm usually in a hurry to get to work. I normally have a cup of coffee at home and bring a travel mug with me on the way to work but I need to actually start EATING breakfast.

Any suggestions on some quick, easy (and of course, healthy!) options for breakfast??

Is your night time eating causing you to go over your calorie limits, and additionally, are you typically very hungry in the morning?

Just trying to get a handle on your reasoning for trying to eat breakfast. Your lifestyle seems to suggest that it would be more convenient not to do so.

Curious on the above.

Exactly my thoughts. Remember you dont HAVE to eat breakfast, it offers no metabolic advantage.
  • chaylajean
    Options
    coffee, 2 hard boiled eggs, banana or orange or apple. that is my breakfast almost daily. I boil and peal the eggs earlier in the week and bring with me to school and eat i the car or I would stink up the whole classroom.
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    No... I know it seems like it should....
    I think I saw it on Paula Deen...
    ?

The bag doesn't melt?!?!?!?!