Magic Bullet!

Options
I just got a Magic Bullet for Christmas! Anyone have any awesome smoothie recipes for me?? (Or any healthy recipes to blend with it, for that matter??) :happy:

Replies

• mommamindi
    Options
    I got something similar to the magic bullet but made by GE....I made a smoothie this morning, it was about 130 calories...1/4 cup of activia light (vanilla) yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1tbsp of old fashioned oats, and 1/2 cup strawberries...you can add water to make it more drinkable which is what I did. I am also planning on adding a banana tomorrow...and I want to try it with a little cocoa too!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I never thought to add oats to a smoothie! I'll have to try that when I crack mine open today! Sounds good :happy:
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    orange juice, strawberries and bananas.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Interesting... I never thought to add oats to a smoothie! I'll have to try that when I crack mine open today! Sounds good :happy:

Honestly I couldnt even taste them, but it adds some fiber and helps fill me up, I usually hate smoothies but since getting my "blender" I made a decision that it was a good way to get my fruits and I am determined to tweak it and make different flavors that I enjoy!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I've always loved smoothies but my big blender is a pain in the butt... so happy to experiment with this smaller blender :)
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options

Honestly I couldnt even taste them, but it adds some fiber and helps fill me up, I usually hate smoothies but since getting my "blender" I made a decision that it was a good way to get my fruits and I am determined to tweak it and make different flavors that I enjoy!

Tried it with the oats.... sooooo good! I used 1/4 cup oats, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, a banana, and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Delicious! Wow, I love that Bullet already :tongue:
  • josies1981
    Options
    Hi. I love my smoothies and normally have frozen fruit, fresh fruit (normally apple and banana) a yoghurt and a hand full of spinach. It doesnt look the best but tastes great. I am not a big fan of greens so it really helps me. I am interested in adding oats but not sure how too.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    You can make so many things with it!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I got something similar to the magic bullet but made by GE....I made a smoothie this morning, it was about 130 calories...1/4 cup of activia light (vanilla) yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1tbsp of old fashioned oats, and 1/2 cup strawberries...you can add water to make it more drinkable which is what I did. I am also planning on adding a banana tomorrow...and I want to try it with a little cocoa too!

Oats??? Is that like oatmeal?
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    frozen berries, banana, just enough water to cover, a teaspoon of honey. It's good. The more frozen berries you have, the thicker it is. Or just blend frozen berries up for a yummy sorbet.
  • I have asked for one (Christmas with my dad's family is next weekend). Can't wait for some yummy ideas from this post!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    But does it slice and dice?
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Oh Im so jealous. I want one so bad.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Oh Im so jealous. I want one so bad.

It will rock your world!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Hi. I love my smoothies and normally have frozen fruit, fresh fruit (normally apple and banana) a yoghurt and a hand full of spinach. It doesnt look the best but tastes great. I am not a big fan of greens so it really helps me. I am interested in adding oats but not sure how too.

I just measured out 1/4 cup and added it right to the blender... I couldn't even tell it was in there! Thanks for the tip on adding the spinach... can you taste it?
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    8 oz of almond milk, 2 strawberries and 1 TLB of ground flax= about 90 calories. I also love ice coffee in one. Makes it nice and thick.
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options

Oats??? Is that like oatmeal?

Yes, it is oatmeal :happy: First time I tried it today, and it just thickened it up a bit. Couldn't even tell it was there!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    frozen berries, banana, just enough water to cover, a teaspoon of honey. It's good. The more frozen berries you have, the thicker it is. Or just blend frozen berries up for a yummy sorbet.

HONEY! What a good idea... I will have to try that, thanks for the idea!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    But does it slice and dice?

Haha, I will let you know when I get beyond the smoothie making :wink:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    At my gym they make a smoothie called a peanut butter cookie. Take a 1 T. peanut butter, 1/4 c. oats, 1-2 scoops vanilla protein and 8-12 oz water or milk, throw in some ice and blend. It's the perfect after workout drink!