How is this a diet?

Options
Do you know what I'm loving the most about MFP? The fact that I don't feel like I'm "on a diet". I need to lose weight, I have for ages, but I always thought to myself "really what I eat is fine, I just need to exercise more"; it was my way of convincing myself I was fine, that what I was eating wasn't affecting my weight gain and that I did not need to change my eating habits. It wasn't until I was visiting my grandma and stood on her scale that I realized, it was getting out of hand. I had been overweight as a preteen and worked hard to get that weight off; now suddenly heading toward 30 I was back to that same weight and I had promised myself never to return.

I thought this would be difficult (and it is) but it's not like I was so worried. I'm not refusing myself food, I eat what I want and don't have to deny myself that one cookie I wanted so bad. I feel like this is almost too easy! I can eat that cookie or my favorite chips and dip, I just have to make sure how MUCH I am putting in my mouth.

So many people have told me exactly that, but it just didn't seem like it would be so easy to do, yet here I am already down 7lbs and feel like I'm somehow "cheating" and the weight loss isn't real even if the scale says otherwise.

I'm loving it!

Replies

• hannahbellelechter
    Options
    It's the only way to live! Nobody should have to sacrifice the things they love forever. Everything in moderation is key.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It really is easy. The harder part is doing it long-term/permanently.