I'm 47 and would like support from other's my age...this is

Options
Hi!
I'm 47 trying to get myself back in shape and get healthy again. It's certainly taking some time and it's coming off very slowly. I'd like to share with others around my age to see if we can support eachother. Any idea's or things that have helped you succeed at this age would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• gary8964
    Options
    I too am 47, and just using this site and being honest with myself has helped me alot. I try to keep this perspective. I know I'm not going to get the body of a 21 year old and (I don't want it to be honest), but what I DO want is to be healthy and treat my body the right way. Of course being told that I look good for my age, or that I look younger is always good for the soul :wink:
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i'm 48, joined MFP about 3 weeks ago. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47 last month and joined at that time. Not ready to add pics rignt now but please add me if you wish.
  • garinellis
    Options
    just started today, a friend of mine lost almost 200 lbs in one year doing this. if you want support and Ideas all try my best. goodluck!
  • geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi Im Carol and just turned 50 at Christmas so would love to join you guys with your training etc :smile:
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    I am 48 and just joined today. It would be great to have a few others to support me on here...
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 also....add me as a friend and don't forget slow & steady wins the race. I always say I'm the tortoise in the race because my weight comes off so slow (about 1-1.5lbs a week) WE CAN DO THIS :smile:
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am 45, hopefully not too young. I have however lost 47 pounds in the past 90 days so I've been working it on here for sure, this is an awesome place. Please feel free to add me. :))
  • willdytryin
    willdytryin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49, and have been on this site since early November, I also appreciate the support, motivational speeches, and camraderie. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I feel like it can be and am determined to get it done!!
    :smile:
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and live in Dunwoody or Big Canoe, depending on what day it is!! I have had great success with this site and the support. I wish it was around when i was 47....lol. Good luck and feel free to friend me!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm 47 (for another three days at least!) feel free to add e and best wishes.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    That's me.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 57....feel free to add me
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    I'm 44 and I just started up again about 12 days ago. Each time it just gets harder for me to lose weight. But this time I'm determined to make it work. I can always use a good support system. Please feel free to add me.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to the site! I am 46 and have been here for 6 months now. I started MFP and they gym at the same time. I have come along way in 6 months. I lost the weight I wanted to and I feel better then ever. There were times when the weight seems like it was just not coming off or the work outs were hard to do but stick with it and you will see results. It isnt a quick weight loss system but I think it is healthier to do it this way. I wish you all the best and fee free to add me as a friend. I am here every day.:smile:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and joined MFP in July when I got serious about my health. When I started I was really worried I would have a hard time getting the weight off due to age, hormones, etc., but it's been easier (relatively) than I thought! I know a big part of the reason is that I'm using the tools here and getting all the encouragement and inspiration! Add me, if you'd like! It can be done!!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and would love to support you and others our age. A recent lab work-up indicates that I'm completely in menopause (already??) I started MFP about a year and a half ago trying to get my weight down before MP - sigh. I've lost about 5 pounds, but I know that's because I haven't stayed on it steady enough. But . . . looking on the bright side: I haven't gained, I got through perimenopause with practically no symptoms, and my cholesterol is still very good. So the exercise and being honest about what I eat is paying off.

Good luck and good motivation to you!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and looking to be as healthy as I can, and find a look I can be happy with. I know I'm never going to have the body I had when I was 18 (not that I was ever happy with it then!), just want to know I've done my best, and that I've not let age get on top of me.
    I'm hoping that's not too much to ask!
    Feel free to add me as a friend, anyone who can identify with that!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and an MFP success story. Started here in Feb at 143, hit goal of 125 in May, dropped another 10 pounds over the next few months and seem to have settled in at 115. Working on maintenance now, which I must say I find to be more difficult than losing. Anyone on the thread who wants to, feel free to friend me :)

Wishing you all much success!