Ab workouts

Options
In need of a change in ab workouts anyone got any new ideas plz? Cant get to the gym as hubby is disabled and in a wheelchair so i need to be there for him. I usually do the basic ab workouts but getting a bit bored with them and also do 6 pack in 6 weeks dvd with JIllian Michaels.

Replies

• Dnovell
    Dnovell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ab work in Slim in Six with Debbie Sieber? They're pretty awesome (so is the entire routine). You can check out the workout at BeachBody.com. If you can't order the DVDs, let me know and I'll see if I can write it down and try to describe them to you.

Debbi
  • geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    is that only available in the US or can i get it in the uK
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Sit ups?
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    already do them just wanted something different lol
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried those, but I really like the Denise Austin ab workouts. She has three 10 minute routines in one dvd for variety.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Try something like Zumba or a Dance routine that tones your core as well as giving you a bit of a cardio workout. Pilates is great for core strength you can get loads of 5 minute workouts on dvd for about £5. HMV had a load in store today. Also Tae Bo. There's a million free videos on you tube of this. Its a personal favourite I love it.
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    Zumba is pressure on your knees and some instructors dont give you alternatives for the high impact moves which i dont like
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I think spending specific workouts just on abs is a waste of time. I throw them in as a superset thing but I won't dedicate a workout just for abs. Compound lifts will work your core
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    try the plank, i can only hold it for a minute but it's great for ur abs, good luck!
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    I dont spend specific time on my abs i work them with other parts of the body i just wanted something different
  • Dnovell
    Dnovell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can get Slim in 6 from the Beach Body website (http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/slim_in_6.do). They do ship worldwide but your TV/DVD player must be able to accept the NTSC signal.
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I second the planks they are great for the abs .