Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is John. I am a father of twin 9 year old girls (divorced) living in Arizona and trying to get rid of 9 years of bad diet and exercise habits. I signed up with MFP hoping to use it as a calorie counting guide. But i learned diet alone is not enough. I hired a personal trainer 3 months ago and things have been going good ever since. The first two months I lost 12 pounds of scale weight and i gained 10 lbs of lean muscle mass and lost 9 % body fat.
I started at 30% body fat and i am at 21% now.

My trainer helped me with a daily meal plan and we work out 4-5 times a week including 45 minutes of cardio and over an hour of weight training. In addition, I go hiking at least one of my weekend days with a friend. I use a heart rate monitor to track my heart rate and calories burned.. Plus, I use myfitnesspal to track my nutruition and calorie intake. Each day at the gym i burn a total of 1600 to 2000 calories and about 800 on hiking days. (i havent used MFP for a while but i think its time to get disciplined again and use it)

These holidays sort of knocked me off my plan. I have a weakness for cookies, chocolate and Pumpkin Pie. My office has constant sweets set out in the break room, pot lucks and parties but thankfully it is almost over. I think i put on about 6-8 lbs of fat these past 4 weeks but i am on a mission to burn that off and then some. I plan on burning off 6-8% body fat by February 1st which will bring me down to 10-13%. I will keep everyone posted.