easy healthy way to make chicken breast

Options
2»

Replies

• TempeB
    TempeB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I marinate in olive oil and white wine with some Pennzy's Poultry Spice mix. Then I bake in my little convection oven at 350, and finish it off with a few minutes of broiling. I should probably put some more effort into it, but I usually just want my chicken breast plain.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    WOW, mayo...that's a good way to turn a "healthy thing" bad quick.
    If it fits in your calorie and macro goals, what's wrong with mayo?
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options
    I like using mustard and BBQ sauce along with a mixture of spices (Today I used basil, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, and a dash of all spice)

Mustard and BBQ sauce add amazing flavor (I use a little bit of water or skim milk if I want to have my chicken completely coated and covered for marination. If I don't want them coated and covered I just leave out the milk and/or water)
    I cook it up on the George Forman grill, but baked and BBQ grilling also taste nice.

Today I'm serving it with some peas, raw carrots, corn, a baked potato, and salsa.

Mustard is definitely a great marinating base, and is even better when you add spices and herbs. Just be careful with the sodium levels.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Throw it in a pot and let it boil.

No seasoning at all.

Ooof! I think I just threw up a little....
    I don't eat it lol!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the crock pot with rosemary and garlic and cook all day (no water or broth needed; chicken has enough juice) Super yummy and no extra calories or sodium from marinades.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I marinate in low fat italian dressing or a mixture of red wine vineager, canola oil, and spices. Another way to add flavor to chicken is to slowly boil balsamic vinegar until it turns into a thick glaze - the sweetness really comes out that way!

This
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

No seasoning at all.
    Ooof! I think I just threw up a little....
    I don't eat it lol!
    Oh boy... I don't know i I want to know.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

No seasoning at all.

same here. Then cut it into bit size pieces and brown on stove top with some olive oil and throw in whatever spices/flavor compliments the meal I'm making. Add it to whatever - soup, salad, pasta, rice, or along with a side of stir-fried or steamed veggies.
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I make a chilli-lime marinade:
    - crushed garlic
    - chilli flakes or sweet chilli sauce (try to get one without added sugar, you only need a little anyway)
    - lime juice
    - fresh or dry basil
    - grated ginger
    - a dash of soy sauce
    - salt and pepper (if you like)
    Just mix it all together, leave the chicken in it for 30 minutes and then bake or grill.
  • dpriscil
    dpriscil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For healthier chicken options, boil the chicken, take it a part, then saute it with olive oil, onions, bell pepper, add whatever herbs you like. Of course if you marinate the chicken before hand it's much better. Try marinating with olive oil, herb seasonings, and lemon. Another option is using a yogurt mixture (yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil or canola, chili powder, ginger, cumin, tsp of sugar), which really sticks to the chicken and makes it tasty and tender. Marinate at least 8 hours.
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I marinate my chicken in salad dressing... Newman's Light honey mustard and Sesame Ginger are my favs!!!
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the rest of these but we throw frozen chicken in the crock pot with Rotel tomatoes all day...eat on tortillas after shredding OR throw frozen chicken in crockpot, add bbq sauce at the end for pulled chicken sandwiches.