Exercise - fun!

I used to play tennis a lot before I had kids Its been at least 3 years since I've picked up a racket...and today I did! It was in the 70's here in my neck of the woods (GA), and the weather inspired me. Not only did I pick it up, but I brought my kids along, and it was soooo much fun playing with them and teaching them the basics. Plus, I burned about 200 calories doing it! It feels good. I definately will be doing it more when the weather stays warm. I had forgotten how much I loved playing.:heart:

Replies

• Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    I used to play tennis a lot before I had kids Its been at least 3 years since I've picked up a racket...and today I did! It was in the 70's here in my neck of the woods (GA), and the weather inspired me. Not only did I pick it up, but I brought my kids along, and it was soooo much fun playing with them and teaching them the basics. Plus, I burned about 200 calories doing it! It feels good. I definately will be doing it more when the weather stays warm. I had forgotten how much I loved playing.:heart:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    i think its great that you're teaching your kids. that sets a great example to them to be active!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I agree, it's awesome that you spend that time with your kids. What a great way to bond and keep them active!

I looooove tennis, I played a lot last year. I actually had a really steep learning curve and got pretty good after a couple weeks! I have my own racket and balls but nowhere to play now that we've moved. :frown:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is so great, keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!