Disappointed!!!!

Options
After a long week of eating healthy and exercising... i lost ZERO lb. What made it worse, one of the female trainers stopped me and told me "Are you sure you are losing weight?!! I can see that you are not losing anything!!!!"... :explode: you have no idea guys how frustrated i felt... I just wanted to sabotage my efforts and eat any junk food. But once i got home... i thought to post here to get some support :sad:

Replies

• Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Options
    After a long week of eating healthy and exercising... i lost ZERO lb. What made it worse, one of the female trainers stopped me and told me "Are you sure you are losing weight?!! I can see that you are not losing anything!!!!"... :explode: you have no idea guys how frustrated i felt... I just wanted to sabotage my efforts and eat any junk food. But once i got home... i thought to post here to get some support :sad:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! You can do it and show her how strong you are! Just give it some time and you can be rubbing it in the little :devil: face!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Do you feel a difference in yourself and your clothes.
    Don't worry, it will happen.
    I would tell your trainer to think twice before talking like that.
    Personally I would have told her to shove it up her a**
    Feel good about yourself and what you are doing. Sometimes you will lose inches. It maybe a 1/4 of an inch here and there. It may not be noticeable right away.
    Forget what people say to you. Keep up the great work. You are making results, and they will show before you know it.
    Good luck and hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hang in there, be completely honest with yourself when eating and entering food and you will have success. I'm glad you came here insted of eating that emotional snack. Not losing weight this week could have been for any number of reasons. Today is a new day, tomorrow is a new week, try something a little different this week, we all lose weight differently, depending on our lifestyle. Keep posting, we're here for you.
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support :flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Hang in there a lot of us are right there with you or have been or will be one day....it happens. Keep on doing what you are doing and soon enough!!!

dd
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's only been a week! That's only 7 days! You don't even get paid every 7 days, you can't expect to drop 10 lbs that fast :laugh:

I know it can be frustrating, but keep in mind that scale weight is not the best indicator of progress since it can be affected by hydration, food in the stomach, waste in the bladder/intestines, glycogen and water in the muscles, and even added muscle mass. If you gain a lb of muscle and lose a lb of fat, you won't lose any weight, but you will shrink in inches because muscle is more dense than fat. I have actually gained 5 lbs in the last year and lost 5% body fat, so I have gained plenty of muscle while losing fat. If I just went by the scale, I would have made no progress at all!:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to be blunt here.

The scale sucks.
    and I think that trainer might too. Yikes.
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    to be honest- your probably gaining musce mass... after about 1-2 weeks, you will see the weight drop FAST...

the first initial 1-2 weeks you will see no weight change. your mucle is growing.