So... what are your New Year's Eve plans?

Options
JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
I've always wanted to do something big for NYE. We always had a thing that was 'kid friendly' cause, well, we have kids. They are grown now (22, 24- both living back home). We've done a few big things, but mostly with our kids. We've done Disneyland -CA AND Florida, and without the kids we did Jamaica. THAT was fun! Last year we did Big Bear in the snow. It was ok... Only because we went with friends that have small kids (2 yr old twins) so we were limited to staying at the cabin. Fun enough... going again this year. But I don't want to get 'stuck' doing that every year. I want to do 'grown up' things. Yes, we drink, play games etc but I'm talking about 'adult' things. Like going to a fancy hotel and dressing in a gown, hanging out on the strip in Las Vegas, fighting the crowds in Times Square.... I have a year to plan something... I need ideas.

What are YOUR plans???

Replies

• DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    Disneyland with the boyfriend!!!!!! SO cixed:)
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We have kids but plan on going to Tokyo or hong kong. We live in Japan so not too expensive to fly from here. Leaning more to Tokyo bc we have been before and it is super super fun we think that would be a great place to bring in the new year!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Disneyland with the boyfriend!!!!!! SO cixed:)

Be prepared. It's going to be VERY crowded, but fun. They pass out hats and blowers.:happy:
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    My son is staying at his Dad's that weekend so I get to have all the fun. Travelling to a nearby city to a friends houseparty, then will stumble my way across town to meet my new bloke in a pub, go on a bit of a crawl, then back to his house for his houseparty.
  • gabby840
    gabby840 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm from Central Maine and heading to Southern Maine for a rocking NYE party at an acquaintance's condo. There is basically going to be 20-30+ awesome people bringing in the new year under one roof and then we plan on camping indoors, sleeping bag style. Great way to meet new people and better to be safe than sorry! Cheers, everyone!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Two options:

One of the guys I ride with is throwing a party. Could be a lot of fun. However, I told my daughter, she could throw a party at our house for her and her firneds. If she chooses to do so, I will be staying home and riding herd on a bunch of teenagers.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Unknown at this time.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to go to Austin with my friend, but her boyfriend may be doing something special for her...so not sure right now. I will find out on Thurday if his plans worked out. If they do..well guess I will figure soemthing out.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of New Years. Always overhyped, overcrowded, and overpriced. I'd love to have a relaxing evening at home with family watching movies. :smile:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    For me NYE is over hyped too... I've done 1st night in Boston a couple times - with the hotel and all but I prefer
    staying in safe and sound so we are hosting a small party - sleepover so they stay safe and sound as well!

Lots of food drinks games laughs...

I thought about Times Square before... then I thought about the insane crowds, lack of bathrooms and that Bourbon St pee smell and said no thanks :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hang up a new calendar. :ohwell:

I've never really understood the whole new year hype and I don't like crowds, so I'll be staying in and probably be in bed before midnight.
  • springermad
    Options
    I am working till 10.00 pm then I start work again at 7 am on new years day oh the joys of being a student nurse need the extra money to help me through uni
  • springermad
    Options
    I'm going to hang up a new calendar. :ohwell:

I've never really understood the whole new year hype and I don't like crowds, so I'll be staying in and probably be in bed before midnight.

I love this post I hate new year's eve whats the point in celebrating a new year when you dont no what you are going to get dealt, also I hate big crowdds too I am happy I am working to be honest
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of New Years. Always overhyped, overcrowded, and overpriced. I'd love to have a relaxing evening at home with family watching movies. :smile:

I feel the same..however, our best friends' anniversary is on NYE and they have a big party every year. So that's what we are doing. Acting 21 with a bunch of 40+ year olds..good times!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Me and my babe are going downtown Denver to watch the fireworks and hang out with the New Year's crowd. We don't drink so its so fun to watch all the drunk people embarrass themselves.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 house parties to attend. I am usually designated driver, so there will be no alcohol consumption for me at the first party, but the second is actually in the neighborhood so we will be walking there.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hmmm, sleep early. Get up about 4am, workout like a boss, then who knows. If I don't keep in a schedule, I get all weirded out and lose focus.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    We have a tradition; we do lobsters or crab legs, (last year we did oysters too) and husband makes a dessert he's never made before. I am not allowed to touch the dessert, but I can coach. Last year he made beautiful lemon souffles. This year I think he's going to make Tarte Tatin. It's very fun.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We are kickin it at home, sorry no ideas from me, we are boring!
  • shasha_84
    Options
    Las Vegas with the girls! so excited. going to aNYE party at the Palazzo and reek havoc on the strip