Getting Help

Options
Hey everyone,
I just recently decided I really should go see someone about bulimia. I made an appointment with a woman today but I've just been thinking about it and she has a MSW degree but I'm not exactly sure if that's really someone that specializes in what I need. So if anyone else has experience in this or knows about it, do you think it would benefit me more to see someone with a PHD?
The receptionist on the phone did say that she has treated people with eating disorders before, I just want to be sure.
Thanks for your help

Replies

• TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    MSW is a Master in Social Work. I see a licensed MSW and she is wonderful. You will know within a couple of meetings if you are going to click. It may take a few appointments even with a few different therapist to find one you click with. Don't give up. I wouldn't trade my therapist for anything in the world. I had to see 3 different ones before I found one I clicked with.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. My therapist is amazing but doesn't have a PHD and has helped me tremendously with a plethora of issues including an ED. Give them a chance and if you don't like the person, shop around for another. :)
  • redreamingme
    Options
    Thank you guys, that makes me feel better. I'll definitely give it a go then and see what happens :]