I get it, I really do, but....

Options
So, lets say I eat some white rice....

One of my options is

Rice - White, medium-grain, cooked - 1 cup

Is that 1 cup after it's cooked? or is that 1 cup of rice that I later cooked? :embarassed: :huh:

Replies

• paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options

One of my options is

Is that 1 cup after it's cooked? or is that 1 cup of rice that I later cooked? :embarassed: :huh:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options

One of my options is

After it's cooked.
  • tomyhealth
    Options
    I would think after it is cooked but I have the same questions on some items.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    look on the box sometimes it will say,
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    Yeah, if it was prior to cooking it would say 1 cup - raw
  • paldal
    Options
    yea, but you technically don't eat raw rice, (at least I haven't met anyone). So, I guess I need to start measuring my rice after it's cooked too.
  • SableGrey
    Options
    I've just started this whole *wincing at the word* DIET thing but if I were to guess, I'm going to say one cup cooked. My reason is that while I know little about dieting, I know ALOT about cooking (thus the whole DIET) and one cup of uncooked rice is two servings. :D
  • lk14040
    Options
    yea, but you technically don't eat raw rice, (at least I haven't met anyone). So, I guess I need to start measuring my rice after it's cooked too.

If for example a serving is 1 cup raw, that means put 1 cup worth of rice in your measuring cup and then put it in the boiling water. Thats your serving size. It means to measure it when its raw(if it says that right next to your serving size)
    If it would say serving size: 1 cup cooked, then make the rice, when its done take your measuring cup and measure the cooked rice.

Hope that helps!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    if it says "cooked" in the description then it's after it's cooked...
  • SableGrey
    Options
    Yeah I guess it WOULD depend on what the plan you are on says - one cup may be the serving size for you, in which case what Matty said. :D
  • cettefille
    Options
    On some rices it says how much dry and what it would equal when cooked.
    For example the basmati rice that I use the serving size is 1/4 cup dry which is about 3/4 cup cooked.
    Normally if the serving size on rice is 1 cup that means cooked, because if you take 1 cup of dry rice and cook it there will be double or triple the amount of rice once it is cooked.
  • paldal
    Options
    So, I can safely assume that 1 cup of raw rice is atleast 2 cups cooked rice, so if I did eat 1 cup of cooked rice, I would just say that. Right?
  • bitty_401
    Options
    It is a cup after cooked. One cup raw rice makes rice for two.Try not to get to one ful cup; let's say 3/4 cup.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of minute rice equals 1 cup cooked I imagine it would be the same for most rice
  • cettefille
    Options
    So, I can safely assume that 1 cup of raw rice is atleast 2 cups cooked rice, so if I did eat 1 cup of cooked rice, I would just say that. Right?

Yes.