How much calories do YOU want to burn a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    1000 ish on my full on days (5 days most weeks) and then I usually burn 5-600 on the other days.

This will obviously come down with my weight. More importantly, I aim to do 60-120 minutes of reasonably physical activity every day. I find that keeps me feeling good about myself, and builds my fitness in a way that I like.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    1000 ish on my full on days (5 days most weeks) and then I usually burn 5-600 on the other days.

This will obviously come down with my weight. More importantly, I aim to do 60-120 minutes of reasonably physical activity every day. I find that keeps me feeling good about myself, and builds my fitness in a way that I like.
  • ConsciousGirl
    Options
    Starting next week I will be burning around 1000 calories a day

Wow, in order to do that don't you have to work out 24/7?
    No matter how much I exercise I am never able to burn anywhere close to that, let alone 500.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I could burn that many.. I burn 250-400.. over 500 would be a good new goal.

i too burn 250-400 per cardio session. If i run 5 miles @ a 9:30 pace i only burn, maybe 380-400 calories. My trainer said that the fitter you get the less calories you burn since your heart/metabolism doesnt work as hard as a person who is out of shape. So if i want to burn more, i have to increase the intensity of my workouts. The only time i burn 1000 calories is when im running a half marathon
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Spinning and really push it hard. This will get you a lot of cals burned!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Wow, in order to do that don't you have to work out 24/7?
    No matter how much I exercise I am never able to burn anywhere close to that, let alone 500.

I can get a little over a thousand calorie burn with an hour of zumba and a half hour run. Of course, as I lose weight, my ability to do that will diminish and I would have to workout longer to get that kind of number.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    my goal is to burn 500 calories a day-I do not eat them back
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    200-500 on "break days" and most "exercise" days I try for 800-1000. I do eat them back :/ I am trying not to!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually burn around 400 - 600. I'd like to burn more but I just don't have the time in my schedule.

Edited to add: I eat a large evening meal that I don't log until the next day but mostly I eat those calories back. Sometimes I'm a little under, sometimes I'm a little over, but over a period of time it averages out to eating them back.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 times a week, walking, jogging, breast stroke, starting at a gym soon and classes :)
    :) I'd like to do that as well.How do intend to do that? How many days/week and what are going to do to burn them?

The classes are what you'll like the most :) They are all different which means you can chop and change without getting bored, other people will push you further and the instructors, plus you'll meet some new people! That's my favourite way to burn :)