What exercises are best after the loss of a baby???

I just miscarried on Thursday, and I got to the doctors tomorrow. I just wanted to know what would be the best exercises, after being cleared by the doctor, that would be good for my body and not put a lot strain on it. My husband and I are not going to prevent from getting pregnant again, but I really want to be in a better mind before I conceive again. This is one of the hardest things I have delt with, and exercise always seems to help me clear my head. Any advice would be great!!!!!

Angie

Replies

• I just miscarried on Thursday, and I got to the doctors tomorrow. I just wanted to know what would be the best exercises, after being cleared by the doctor, that would be good for my body and not put a lot strain on it. My husband and I are not going to prevent from getting pregnant again, but I really want to be in a better mind before I conceive again. This is one of the hardest things I have delt with, and exercise always seems to help me clear my head. Any advice would be great!!!!!

Angie
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. That is terrible.

I personally have found yoga to be very restorative, both physically and emotionally.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. During this heartbreaking time its important to take of yourself in every way. Don't push too hard or turn exercise into an escape. Be careful. I would start with walking on a treadmill or using the elliptical - gently. After a few weeks you can probably turn it up a few notches and add resistence/weights into the mix.

Yoga - the basic moves - might be very important for you as well. The balance I get from yoga helps my body, spirit and mind.

Also try to get outside when you can and have some help from Mother Earth to heal your heart.

Hugs - Julie
  • Thank you both for you kind words. This is very hard to deal with, and I am trying to stay in a great frame of mind for my little boy and girl, I have now. My husband is also working out, to relieve himself of the stress and worry. We joined a gym, and I like the bikes. They are a great means of stress release. Again thank you sooooo much.

Angie:smile:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Angela ~ I am so very sorry that you are having to deal with this loss of your precious baby. :cry: I have personally experienced MANY losses and know how hard it is. Gentle (((HUGS)))...

As far as exercises go, depending on what your doctor advises, I'd say just go with what you feel comfortable with. There will likely be some things that don't feel good right away - so don't do those. Just listen to your body and your heart as it heals and gets stronger. During a tumultuous time in your life it feels good and powerful to have control of something - exercise is a great area to channel that energy and drive in to.

My very best wishes for you!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole