Veggie sticks???

Options
Okay I have been looking how to make or buy these veggie sticks...they are not chips...they are breaded...I used to have them for lunch at school and now my little sister has them...they are my favorite thing to eat even though I dont like veggies I love these...so please if you know how I could make these it would be greatly loved...they are kinda like fish sticks or cheese sticks but with veggies...does anyone know how I could make these...I dont know how to make a breading that would stay on!!! Thanks

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    Okay I have been looking how to make or buy these veggie sticks...they are not chips...they are breaded...I used to have them for lunch at school and now my little sister has them...they are my favorite thing to eat even though I dont like veggies I love these...so please if you know how I could make these it would be greatly loved...they are kinda like fish sticks or cheese sticks but with veggies...does anyone know how I could make these...I dont know how to make a breading that would stay on!!! Thanks
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I have done which is close I got from sparkpeople around superbowl time. Take Zuchhini strips, mushrooms, string cheese stick, jalapeno (hollowed out w/cream cheese put inside) or whatever your pleasure. I dipped them (i.e. veggie or string cheese) in egg beater then ran them through either Fiber One cereal ground down to "breadcrumb" like consistency and/or panko whole wheat crumbs. I put them in a pan sprayed with PAM and kept an eye on them, 30 min or less.

Just a thought, they turned out great, bf loved them and that was cool cause he doesn't traditionally like that kind of food cause it is fried:happy: