Bicep injury?

Options
While doing push ups, I heard a pop or snap on my upper bicep near the shoulder... This was a few days ago and it's still painful sometimes... But not enough to cry... It feels like when you sleep wrong on ur shoulde and u avoid movement.... It's not swollen, purple or bumpy.... Just sore....anyone have an idea of what ur could b??? I can't lift weights or use my arm much cuz it causes pain... But u don't want to see a dr if it's unnecessary...

Replies

• Galletakek
    Options
    Maybe you injured one of the bicep tendons. Dont work out that body part... let it heal use RICE =Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate should be fine in a few weeks maybe sooner ...
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Have you got any "funny" feeling - like it feels a bit loose etc? Or does your bicep appear lumped down closer to your elbow? - google "bicep tendon rupture" - these can be non-tender but tend to bruise, so its probably not that, but its worth checking the injured one against the other, because that injury will generally require surgery in younger people.

It's more likely to be rotator cuff - possibly a small labral tear. Rotator cuff is placed more under stress in push up posiition than biceps - they tend to get injured more in a forceful elbow extension manouvre.

I'd personally go get it checked out by a physio - shoulders are a royal pain to treat if people ignore them for too long.