MFP addict?

Options
hailz840
hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
Have joined MFP less than a week ago and I feel like I spend so much time on here. Tracking calories, messaging and reading message boards. How much time do YOU spend on MFP a day?
Feel free to add me - I am on here alot so can help provide motivation :)

Replies

• inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! My work is pretty boring so I easily get distracted reading this website!
    I think it might also be because we're new. I have been on here for 5/6 weeks now and realise that a lot of forum topics get repeated, so there isn't as much to read as in the first 2 weeks.

It's not a bad thing to be addicted too though :) Healthier than chocolate!
  • hailz840
    Options
    Glad to know Im not the only one. It feels more productive than Facebook as at least I am working towards my goals :)

Chocolate... nom nom nom
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Totally with you on this one. I probably spend about half my day on here, if truth be told. Work is pretty slow right now and don't have a whole to do. Plus, some of the topics that people talk about on here is absolutely hilarious!!
    I hardly ever get on FB anymore. It seems like such a waste of time these days.

By the way, will add you. Need all the motivation I can get :smile:
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    OMG! I read this a little earlier this evening and said to myself...no I'm not. Well, it's several hours later and I'M STILL ON HERE!!!!! :embarassed: What the heck is wrong with me???? :laugh:
  • MarleeRayne
    MarleeRayne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am SO addicted! I am always on here doing something :laugh: . I put a lil' dashboard app on my phone screensaver for easier access :blushing:
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    At least we're not alone!!
    These forums are the firts place I go when I'm bored.
    I think I came on here about 40 minutes ago when I got an extreme chocolate craving and I havent left!

(the benifit being now I'm going to go to the supermarket and buy a mango)
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I'm on here pretty much all the time, reading pages and pages of stuff. I like to learn, but I may have a slight addiction. :ohwell: :smile:
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, that's me! There's nothing on TV and my book isn't that interesting and it's too early to go to bed. MFP has more people on it commenting and doing things than there are on Facebook...
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    usually it'll be an hour or so a day, plus tracking calories on my phone whilst at work. Recently as I have been on holiday it's been far more. Probably 3 hours a day minimum. I've learnt loads, but that hasn't stopped me putting on 4lbs over Christmas.....
  • lolollama
    Options
    I am pretty addicted!

I go between facebook, MFP and a few other sites and it can keep me entertained for hours!

Sometimes I even read the message boards while I'm on the exercise bike lol
  • hailz840
    Options
    well it certainly is a good distraction to get away from food and it is helping us work towards our goals of a healthier lifestyle. i think i would spend at least two hours a day on here at the moment. going on holiday early january and there will be no internet! how will i cope??? lol
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, that's me! There's nothing on TV and my book isn't that interesting and it's too early to go to bed. MFP has more people on it commenting and doing things than there are on Facebook...

What's TV? Facebook? :laugh:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I can't get off. I try. But it doesn't work.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    newyear.jpg
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yea, I pretty much live on here.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I used to live on here, but after awhile I stepped away and went to normal life. Today is my first day back. Feels nice.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    More addicting than Facebook!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Im bloody addicted and now can't live without this site. At one time of day it was all about FB for me. Now i hardly go on there. I am OBSESSED with MFP. :)
  • achief192
    Options
    I'm addicted as well :bigsmile:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I used to live on here, but after awhile I stepped away and went to normal life. Today is my first day back. Feels nice.

urvzh7oyn.png