Paying for pounds(lbs)

Options
My husband pays our 12yr old son for his grades, As & Bs. Since I don't pay for grades, I will pay for pounds. For every pound mommy looses, he will receive $5.00. He thinks this is just another way to earn i-tunes money, but it's my undercover attempt to get him to be more active and to stay away from the computer and video games for awhile. Starting March 1, we will work out together ride our bikes and take longer walks with the dog. Based on my weight loss plan, he could be one rich 12 year old.

Replies

• SexySize9
    Options
    My husband pays our 12yr old son for his grades, As & Bs. Since I don't pay for grades, I will pay for pounds. For every pound mommy looses, he will receive $5.00. He thinks this is just another way to earn i-tunes money, but it's my undercover attempt to get him to be more active and to stay away from the computer and video games for awhile. Starting March 1, we will work out together ride our bikes and take longer walks with the dog. Based on my weight loss plan, he could be one rich 12 year old.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    What a good idea! It motivates him and you to be fit AND you guys get to spend quality time with each other. I haven't heard anything that brilliant in a while. :bigsmile:

You're going to have so much fun! :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I thought you were paying yourself! I wish I would have done that...then I could afford new clothes by now! :laugh:

Seriously, though...what a great idea! I hope you & your son have fun together!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think I will try this with my students in my classroom. For every 2 pounds I loose they will get five dollars toward a pizza party. They'll remnd me to drink my water and walk the field while they are at recess. GREAT IDEA!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You are one smart mom! :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good luck to you.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Oh wow!! Awesome idea mom!:flowerforyou:
  • SexySize9
    Options
    Update: we would have to ride and walk in another neighborhood........I guess it's not cool to be seen having a good time with your mom