On my last few pounds

Options
I weigh 167lbs and I'm around 5ft8/9 and on the BMI scale I'm 24.7, to be happy I'd maybe like to lose another 5 or 6 pounds.
The last week or so I've laid off the dieting because of Christmas time etc...
But I'm still not happy with my appearance and size

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What is it going to look like when you get there?
    Are you too skinny?
    Not enough lean muscle?
    What is your body fat%?

Maybe its time to look into building lean mass?

Check out:
    www.bodyrecomposition.com
    www.leangains.com

Build some muscle for the rest of the winter and forget about weight and fat for a while.
    It's what i'm doing and its kinda nice being able to eat almost 3k calories a day.

You already know how to drop the fat so imagine doing it for maybe 2-3lbs of extra fat but revealing 5lbs of new muscle!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I was within 5 pounds of goal and still wasn't happy. I was only doing cardio so I looked into strength training. I don't like weight lifting (boring) so I ended up taking a pilates class. I now do it 2x/week and it has really transformed my body. I am just about at goal and am now pretty happy with how I look as I am more toned (tighter butt, abs, stronger arms, etc.). I would find a strength activity you enjoy. The difference it makes will amaze you.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am currently about 173-174 and also 5"8-9'

I am trying to get down to 165 but have sort of stalled on the weight, but am still losing inches on my waist, belly, and hips so I must be gaining muscle.

I mostly bike so I felt myself getting a bit thin in the arms and legs.
    I started eating a little more and have been doing Yoga for about 2 months 1 time a week in a class, and a few times a week at home.
    I also do pushups, crunches, and some squats.

Id like to get rid of the belly and get below 170 without compromising a little strength. I am somewhat stocky though so I want more of the lean look than the muscled one.