Quit Smoking

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey on thanksgiving and I haven't looked back! I went through the holidays, an almost break up, broken down car, a tight budget from no holiday pay at work, and many other things. My bout of bad luck could have easily turned me to start up again, but I didn't let it! If i can do it, anyone can. Good luck to those quitting!
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey on thanksgiving and I haven't looked back! I went through the holidays, an almost break up, broken down car, a tight budget from no holiday pay at work, and many other things. My bout of bad luck could have easily turned me to start up again, but I didn't let it! If i can do it, anyone can. Good luck to those quitting!

You're awesome, that's why we're friends!
  • gkpass
    gkpass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago by first using Commit Lozenges then switching over to smokeless dissolvable tobacco. I used a product called Stonewall, but that seems to be more difficult to find. Camel has a version called Orbs. Anyway, at the time I quit, I smoked 2 1/2 to 3 packs a day (chain smoking obviously) and with the lozenges was able to completely give up the cigarettes. I used the smokeless dissolvable tobacco for a year or more before slowly decreasing and eventually giving them up all together.

To each of you trying to quit, you have my prayers and best wishes. It's difficult, but you can do it!

May God bless your journey.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I tried to quit smoking on Friday. I bought a new pack yesterday. I feel as though I'm doomed.

You are, if you keep buying them.

I quit cold turkey more than 7 years ago. Husband and I both did at the same time. We just said to each other, are you sick of this? Me too. So we finished up the packs we already owned and then we didn't buy any more. If it sounds overly simple.....it is. We were cranky bicthes for the first week, but then it was over.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

You're awesome, that's why we're friends!

Aw, you're sweet! You're pretty fantastic yourself!