From wake up til time I go home at night I do perfect. Then.

Options
I do great all day long eating correctly counting calories, drinking water, etc... When I get home after the gym I break down and eat everything in the house. I have my 18 year old son and myself and he has candy and snacks everywhere. How do I stop the temptations at night. I had dropped down to 282# but have ballooned back to 302. Really frustrated.

Replies

• petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's hard. My wife and 5yr old son are always snacking or having some candy and desert. I just know I don't want to be this big and unhealthy any more so I can normally stay away from it. That's not to say I don't breakdown and have a larger slice of cake or extra candy now and then but it's been rare and when I do I make up for it at the gym.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Dont allow it in the house! Simple as that. I had to stop letting things in my house that derailed me. At the time that meant telling my (now ex) husband "tough *kitten*" you dont get it either.
  • ternshalom
    Options
    Eat small healthy meals through the day that are filling during and you won't be as tempted at night
  • bdylan624
    bdylan624 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah your right, I feel bad if he does not have snacks because I will not cook every night for him like we did when my wife and 8 year old were there with us.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Yeah your right, I feel bad if he does not have snacks because I will not cook every night for him like we did when my wife and 8 year old were there with us.

why won't you cook? If your not cooking for him, then what are you eating?

edit: although at 18 he should be sharing in the cooking....
  • denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get the junk out of the house. Your son would benefit from healthier snacks too.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Maybe on the nights you're not able to cook start to have him cook (if he doesn't already) and if he doesn't he'll probably need a guide which you can incorporate some better food choices to him. Just an idea of course :).

I have the same problem in a way, night time seems to be my worse enemy, I can do good throughout the day but when night hits I need a lock on the fridge! I've been trying to go to bed sooner to avoid the night binging.
  • bdylan624
    Options
    i just do not cook for him all the time. He will not eat vegetables and I will cook grilled chicken or other things and he will eat only some of the time. Feel I am wasting my time cooking if I am the only one eating. I can eat a frozen meal or leftovers and be fine, just the bread and snacks get in my head then mouth :(
  • bdylan624
    Options
    It's hard. My wife and 5yr old son are always snacking or having some candy and desert. I just know I don't want to be this big and unhealthy any more so I can normally stay away from it. That's not to say I don't breakdown and have a larger slice of cake or extra candy now and then but it's been rare and when I do I make up for it at the gym.
    Yeah moderation is not my strong point. I over do everything I do.