Options
I am new to this site. I am 50 years old and have gained many lbs over the past 10 years. I have read some amazing success stories on this site. I just completed my first day of food entries and I noticed most of my calories were at dinner. Does anybody have any breakdown of how many meals I should eat each day and can I excellerate weight loss using different methods. I know this is a journey, I am looking for help since my own methods do not work.

Thank you for your help!

Replies

• EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome sir!! You will find fantastic support here. Without knowing your stats and what you are eating that will be hard to say....so if you open up your food diary, you will get better support. I typically eat 5-6 meals a day so that I keep my metabolism going throughout the day.....when you become friends with more members, have a look at their food intake!!

Best of luck....we are all here for the same reason!! Feel free to add me if you would like support

Ed
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You'll get all the support you need by just logging on everyday and start asking. Welcome and good luck.:drinker:
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add. I'm glad to see more men.
    Re: Meals. I eat three a day and fit in a snack if I can. I have been trying to kill hunger by drinking water.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Just watched Dr Oz the other day, and he mentioned we do our meals opposite of what we should. Breakfast should be our big meal, and dinner the smallest. We have all day to burn off breakfast, but dinner usually just sits there. And here I was all proud, because most days I have the 90 calorie cereal bar for breakfast, thinking I was doing good!
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Approximately 35% of your daily calorie allowance should be in the a.m. because that's when you're fueling your body for the rest of the day. If you eat smaller meals every 3-4 hours you shouldn't be too hungry in p.m to eat such a large dinner.
  • glimmer01
    glimmer01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome! Lot's of support and topic discussions. I don't think I would have lost much weight without this site. I've been using it off and on for the last year and I definetley do better on the site. I have lost 37 pounds so far! woohooo!!! you can do it =)