Couth to 5k only twice a week?

Options
Is it possible to do the c25k program only twice a week, and, if so, how exactly would one break it down?
If not, does anybody know of a plan which does only twice a week of running

While I got most of the way through the c25k last time I tried, i am looking to restart (as it has been a while), and schedualing just doesn't work for more often for me

Replies

• chellk71
    Options
    I did a 10k walk last year. I now have started training to the same 10k for this year which I plan to run at least half. All my running friends,including a marathon runner, suggested this program couch to 10K as a training guide. I say look at it. these programs are like 10 to 12 weeks and a 5k isn't really that many miles. A 10k is 6.something something. Its do able. : )
  • whalertly
    Options
    That requires both a better start (as it seems to start at 4miles) and more than twice a week running. My main goal here is to get a program that can get me to 5K (and I can expand, eventually, to more, which I plan), while only requiring twice a week commitment (basically, it compliments my weight lifting, as opposed to the other way)
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No, I do not think this would be possible as running requires building endurance. You cannot build enough endurance properly with only running twice a week. The minimum I've seen is 3x's/ week. I think you would be better off doing running as interval training or HIIT if you only want it to compliment your weight training. There are several treadmill exercises online that can be done once or twice a week as part of an overall workout plan instead of training for a race.
  • whalertly
    Options
    drat
    thank you