"Frosted" Kashi Fruit & Grain Bars

Options
Ok, so normally, I love Kashi food. BUT, I just bought two kinds of their "frosted" looking fruit and grain TLC bars, pumpkin pie and chocolate raspberry. ICK! :grumble:

They have this layer of unnatural gritty goop on top of them, which is sticky but somehow doesn't stick to the packaging. The goop gets all stuck on my teeth, though - NOT pleasant!

For me, I will stick with the regular old-fashioned Kashi bars - I like the Peanut Peanut and Trail Mix ones the best. But, I just had to pass this warning on. :smile:

Replies

• greeneggsam
    Options
    Ok, so normally, I love Kashi food. BUT, I just bought two kinds of their "frosted" looking fruit and grain TLC bars, pumpkin pie and chocolate raspberry. ICK! :grumble:

They have this layer of unnatural gritty goop on top of them, which is sticky but somehow doesn't stick to the packaging. The goop gets all stuck on my teeth, though - NOT pleasant!

For me, I will stick with the regular old-fashioned Kashi bars - I like the Peanut Peanut and Trail Mix ones the best. But, I just had to pass this warning on. :smile:
  • kimbey76
    kimbey76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for the warning, I have not tried the peanut butter or trail mix kashi bars, I love the almond one and the cherry chocolate is my favorite!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    love the cherry dark chocolate and the cereal bars.
    kashi is my absolute favorite.
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    kashi seems to be the best. thanks for the warning!
  • njwaters
    njwaters Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, I bought all tree new flavors at Target when I saw them and I was so disappointed. The pumpkin pie one is edible but the raspberry dark chocolate tastes like one of those "energy bars" that have lots of soy in them. I also got the coconut chocolate one and my kids are eating them but not me! The coconut isn't sweetened but it still tastes too sweet for a kashi bar?? I love, love, love the honey almond kashi bar, it's my fave!

(call them and I bet they'll give you some free coupons for other bars??)
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    I totally agree with you, I bought all tree new flavors at Target when I saw them and I was so disappointed. The pumpkin pie one is edible but the raspberry dark chocolate tastes like one of those "energy bars" that have lots of soy in them. I also got the coconut chocolate one and my kids are eating them but not me! The coconut isn't sweetened but it still tastes too sweet for a kashi bar?? I love, love, love the honey almond kashi bar, it's my fave!

(call them and I bet they'll give you some free coupons for other bars??)

That's a good idea! Thanks!