just my luck!!

want_to_be_skinny
want_to_be_skinny Posts: 42
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
While i was out with my dog walking this week i rolled over on my ankle and chipped a bone and am now in a cast for the next 4 weeks... i had just starting walking again and using home videos to help with my weight loss.... any suggestions on how to exercise with a cast on you ankle???? i am doing really well with my diet and do not want to lose my ambition.... would appreciate any suggestions

Replies

• While i was out with my dog walking this week i rolled over on my ankle and chipped a bone and am now in a cast for the next 4 weeks... i had just starting walking again and using home videos to help with my weight loss.... any suggestions on how to exercise with a cast on you ankle???? i am doing really well with my diet and do not want to lose my ambition.... would appreciate any suggestions
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    While i was out with my dog walking this week i rolled over on my ankle and chipped a bone and am now in a cast for the next 4 weeks... i had just starting walking again and using home videos to help with my weight loss.... any suggestions on how to exercise with a cast on you ankle???? i am doing really well with my diet and do not want to lose my ambition.... would appreciate any suggestions

i see people at the gym with a cast or the leg boot working out- They ride the bike and hit the weights
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    If it is too sore to work out, can you just keep your calories to the min 1200 and see how that goes? Then you can always pick it up again when the cast comes off. :ohwell:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    If it is too sore to work out, can you just keep your calories to the min 1200 and see how that goes? Then you can always pick it up again when the cast comes off. :ohwell:

NO NO NO NO
    do not wait 4 weeks to do something....there is alot you can do
    ask the Doc who put the cast on for limitations research on the web

DO NOT JUST SIT
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    a couple weeks into my broken ankle, I was riding horses and (because of the situation) running up and down the hills in Atlanta - we went to the Olympics for 10 days. If I could do it - you can do it. Just wait til the doctor says you can ... don't hurt yourself more ... and kick some butt!! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.