Today is my one year anniversary

Options
I've lost 69 pounds since 12/28/10. I didn't meet my goal of losing 95, but I'm still really happy with the 69. I'm 5'9" and only 7 pounds from a healthy bmi, which is my next goal.

I just thought I'd share! It's been a year well spent and I feel really happy that I decided to begin lads December instead of this December. Only 25 to go in 2012! It's like, the year will go by regardless, so why not move forward with it (in regard to weight loss). I waited far too many years to do this, and a giant plate of spaghetti is what motivated me! I found myself sitting in my room eating 5ish servings of spaghetti in secret. The "guilty full" feeling and fact that I couldn't stop AND was hiding this from my husband sspurred me. Dieting, in the beginning, was like stopping a drug!

All I want you say is that, if youre ever struggling, it will get easier.

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Girl... Goals are set to give you something to work toward. And you did exactly that... Feel good about yourself and work forward to reaching that goal ....
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    That is great, I am sure that you'll reach your goals.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an AMAZING loss! Doesn't it feel great to go into the New Year and not stress over a monumental amount of weight to lose?! You'll get there in time and you should be very proud! Keep up the great work, you look fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Happy 1 year anniversary to you!!! You are a true inspiration. Also thanks for being transparent enough to share the story about your food addiction (just calling it what it is). I'm sure that helped open some eyes including mine. Way to go, killer!!!
  • danmoffett
    Options
    WOW, I bet you feel like a new person.
    I know what you are going through. I have lost 145 pounds in he past 21 months. When I first started my journey I knew I had to put all sugars out of my diet but I did not know at that time the dangers of wheat flour and like grains. Had I put the wheat out I feel I would be farther along on my weight loss than I am today. I feel I have another 15 pounds to go.
    Put out the wheat and stop the cravings, feel better, and lose more weight.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you and happy to call you my friend! Happy Anniversary!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You have done a great job and you motivate me to keep on working. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My 10-year old weighs just over 69 pounds. You've lost the equivalent of a small person, which is no small success. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!