Plans for your tax returns?

Options

Replies

• jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend & I put all of our finances together, including tax returns - he'll be building us a new computer, hopefully we will do a weekend trip somewhere out of state and I want a heart rate monitor :)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I plan on moving out, trying my hand at being an independent woman (and probably learning to like Ramen)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We never get a refund. We have it set up to take the minimum amount of money out allowed...and we always owe. Frankly, I'm not too keen on giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    same as every year ..despoit it to my one of my savings accounts
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    For those of us not getting bent over and screwed by Uncle Sam, what do you plan on doing with your tax refund?
    I would consider having given Uncle Sam an interest-free loan all year "getting bent over and screwed" too.

LOL! Sooooo true!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The first thing I'm doing is buying Insanity. Then who knows... maybe saving for a new computer :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well since my husband and I dont exchange Christmas its all about the kids for Xmas but when Taxes come its all about the grownups (some of it anyway) so with my share I am getting an elliptical and some other equipment for my mini home gym, he'll probably get some Xbox stuff with his share and actually we will be redecorating the kids bedrooms , I cant wait
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    New carpet in my living room, a new front door, paint the house, new flooring in the kitchen, etc.

Home improvements - which are very much needed.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i much prefer to have my money available to me throughout the year instead of letting the government do as they please with it and then return it to me in the spring.
  • Laureen74
    Laureen74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Down payment of a car, savings, and home improvements
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    A large amount refunded or due equals bad planning.

We get a large refund because we qualify for different credits - earned income and the child credits. THAT is where my large refund comes from - very little of it is actually from overpaid taxes. So, a large refund doesn't always equal bad planning.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I pay my rent for the year with ours. Makes living alot more comfortable.

Thats a great idea :happy:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    tax return will pay off house taxes in the summer time... what uncle Sam giveth, he takes right backeth!!
  • missflorez
    Options
    Gonna pay off some debt and buy myself a treadmill and some gym equipment,i think i deserve it.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Bills haha and some toward our daughters first birthday, that is if we get it before then.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ripping out the carpet, finishing the original hardwood floors thats underneath, installing a wood stove.
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    paying off my car, replacing windshield on boyfriends car, and the rest is going to savings for a "goal body" cruise in august if i reach my goal
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    root canal, husbands truck repairs, ortho inserts for my son's feet and then the rest into savings :)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm maxing out my IRA contributions and HSA this year to break even with uncle sam. I'll probably get a small refund or maybe owe a little but that's all thanks to tax planning throughout the year. I'm not giving my money to uncle sam to hold the entire year so that he can give me back my money the following year.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For those of us not getting bent over and screwed by Uncle Sam, what do you plan on doing with your tax refund?

We are going to buy some new furniture and get as many home improvements done as possible.

Tax refund? What's that? My money always goes the other way -- from me to them. :)