Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Results?

Options
Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown?? I got it for Christmas, and am really excited for it, but it says you can lose up to 5 lbs a week, and that's something I find hard to believe. So, I thought it would be best to ask real people, instead of going off what the case of the DVD tells me!

What were your results with Yoga Meltdown? How did you like it?

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    No 5lbs weight loss, however my balance, cordination, flexibility & strength improved

Now I usually do both levels back to back
    Love the DvD
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I got it for Christmas too and I am super curious. I figure i probably won't lose weight but it's not a bad thing to tone and do other exercises on the same day.
  • scorpiogirl100
    Options
    Been interested in that too....I heard it's good for maintaining your weight loss...plus toning and flexibility :)
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's good, but not as a stand alone system, it is a great add to a current exercise plan. Your body (well mine did and it was very out of shape when I did the dvd).. adapts to this workout quickly so the challenge disappears fast.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level 1 yoga meltdown on my "off" days from doing the 30DS and have enjoyed it so far. I'm not sure how much of a workout I'm getting doing it. It doesn't seem too strenuous! I have definitely gotten better after 2 weeks, but still can't even do all of the poses in proper form, so it's fun to see how I can improve.

How long are we supposed to do level 1 before doing level 2? Any idea?
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight! I'll definitely have to add some cardio and strength training to the workout. Toning is my biggest concern right now, not so much actual weight loss (although I wouldn't mind losing a few more pounds!).

How long are we supposed to do level 1 before doing level 2? Any idea?

When I was searching reviews online, I read that there was no specific time to move on to level 2, but instead, move on once you have mastered the positions and have a sense of comfortability doing them.
    Options
    I think it's a fairly effective toning regime. I've done it for 7 days in a row now, and I can see a lot of improvement in strength and flexibility. I haven't weighed in yet, but I am a little nervous because I haven't been eating very cleanly recently (to be expected--my parents don't really care about eating clean during the holidays). Not to mention, I'm bloated from that time of the month, so I don't know if I will have lost any inches. I have no doubt this regime would be very effective with clean eating. Honestly, I don't believe you need to use another workout to supplement this workout as long as you're eating clean since intake is much more important in weight loss and fat reduction than exercise. This program will tone you up, and your muscle tone will show up if you're lean--and you can get lean from eating clean alone.
  • Modari
    Modari Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Levels 1 and 2 back-to-back 3 days a week and 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' 3 days a week for the past 2 weeks. I am already noticing great results! I agree with the other posters in that this should not be your only workout. I recommend 'Banish Fat' for cardio - it's a killer! If you are looking to tone up, Jillian's best strength workout is 'No More Trouble Zones'.

I personally do not think that Level 2 of YM is harder than Level 1 - if you want some variety, I think it is safe to move on after a week or so. I think the two workouts together actually compliment each other very well.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input! I'll definitely take a look at "No More Trouble Zones." Toning is my biggest concern right now! I'm going to start the workout on Saturday, and because of all of you, I am really getting excited for it!! :)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have this one too and love it. It's good to mix in with other things. I usually do it after I do her Shred It with Weights DVD. I find the stretching and flexibility moves to help.
  • kam3492
    kam3492 Posts: 1
    Options
    It toned my back and underarms like nothing else I've done so far. I also do JM's Six Week Six Pack and started out not being able to hold a side plank but Yoga Meltdown significantly improved my strength there.
  • HeyItsCatt
    HeyItsCatt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry for butting in on the conversation, but how is this working for you all? This will be my 3rd day of 30DS, but I'm wanting to put some yoga into it also. I've never done yoga, but I know the results help tone & give you lean muscle. I dont want to be bulky, b/c I honestly think thats a bit gross (my opinion), but I want to be lean, have good balance. I've gotten rid of all the baby weight (4 children), so now it's just from all the junk food. I weighed a few days ago 156 was my starting, then 155.6 as of yesterday. My goal is to reach 140's by end of this month. If possible. My ultimate goal is 130-135. That is what is healthy range for my height 5'7 & age 30. :smokin:
  • PugPrincess
    Options
    Honestly don't worry about "bulking up". Women generally don't become bulky without steroids. You need muscle to burn fat.
    Unless your an olympic competitor who does serious training all the time dont worry about bulkiness.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you could probably lose 5lbs with any type of work out... if you're already really heavy. but in your pictures you look very fit.

remember, imperfection is beauty.

i think you'd probably get some great results from strength training, maybe with barbells or even just body weight.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    My result was that I wanted to punch her in the face when she said things like "melt your heart to the sun" so I no longer touch that DVD.

Whether you lose weight or not comes down to how much you are eating, but no, i don't see it burning enough to lose 5lb a week without drastically reducing your intake, and I wouldn't recommend 5lb in a week anyway.

Whoops didn't realise this was a bumped post. You have zero chance of this DVD (or anything else really) making you bulky so go for it