And I don't even feel guilty

Options
I understand the concept of calories in/calories out. But sometimes you just have one of "those days". Well, I knew halfway through the day it was going to be one of "those days". You know, where squeezing in a workout is next to impossible. Going over your calories is just inevitable. That was me yesterday. My daughter has the flu. Without medicine, temp is over 103, with medicine, does not drop below 101. Oh yeah, TOM came as well. Plus work and the normal day to day life. Halfway through the day, I'd pretty much eaten all my daily calories because I just felt so hungry. But here is what I did. I made sure everything I put in my mouth had a purpose. No processed sugars, no junk. Everything was healthy and high in either protein or vitamins or some form of healthy energy. So I don't even feel guilty for going over. I never felt disgusted with myself. Everything was spread out. And my wonderful hubby (who also had flowers delivered to me during the day) gave me time to quickly run to the gym for an hour so my going over wasn't as bad once I got the exercise calories in.

What did I learn from this? If I'm going to go over my calories, get the biggest bang for my buck. And make it not regrettable. I feel pretty good this morning and ready to tackle whatever the day throws my way, hitting the gym at 6 a.m. before everyone wakes up so I can get it out of the way, and praying my daughter's fever broke if nothing else.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Enjoy your weekend.

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I understand the concept of calories in/calories out. But sometimes you just have one of "those days". Well, I knew halfway through the day it was going to be one of "those days". You know, where squeezing in a workout is next to impossible. Going over your calories is just inevitable. That was me yesterday. My daughter has the flu. Without medicine, temp is over 103, with medicine, does not drop below 101. Oh yeah, TOM came as well. Plus work and the normal day to day life. Halfway through the day, I'd pretty much eaten all my daily calories because I just felt so hungry. But here is what I did. I made sure everything I put in my mouth had a purpose. No processed sugars, no junk. Everything was healthy and high in either protein or vitamins or some form of healthy energy. So I don't even feel guilty for going over. I never felt disgusted with myself. Everything was spread out. And my wonderful hubby (who also had flowers delivered to me during the day) gave me time to quickly run to the gym for an hour so my going over wasn't as bad once I got the exercise calories in.

What did I learn from this? If I'm going to go over my calories, get the biggest bang for my buck. And make it not regrettable. I feel pretty good this morning and ready to tackle whatever the day throws my way, hitting the gym at 6 a.m. before everyone wakes up so I can get it out of the way, and praying my daughter's fever broke if nothing else.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Enjoy your weekend.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you !! Way to make healthy choices you should be proud.