I would like some new friends so we can show support to each

Options
Hi! My name is Carmen, I'm 23 and I'm from Puerto Rico. I just joined this community and I'm looking for new friends, people who as me, are struggling with weight loss. I've realized that alone, its more difficult to stay focused and motivated. I have to lose 55 pounds, but I'm focused on 30 first. I'm 5'2 so I feel like I look like a meatball, even though I don't look like it. I show most of my weight in my arms, buttocks, hips and thighs... In June I lost 15 pound but between vacation eating and my poor eating habits, (result of being a grad-school student) I gained them back, and some more... I would appreciate any support and new friends, and you sure can count on my support...

Well, thanks for reading and have a nice day! :-)

Replies

• mdkesi
    mdkesi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, Carmen. I am 56, 5'3" so I understand how it is. I, too, need to lose 30 lbs. Maybe we can encourage each other? I lost some weight using MFP, but have gained back most of it. Determined not to do that again!
    :smile:
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Carmen,

I am new on the site as well this is a great way to meet new people and give eachother support if you like you can add me so we can support eachother!
  • Hayoung90
    Options
    we can be friends and do this together!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! I'm 5'2" and would love to lose 60 pounds, but first am focusing on losing 30. I can always use more friends to help motivate and keep me motivated too!
  • boundlily911
    boundlily911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well! Always looking for new friends and motivators. We can do this together!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...we all need motivation!