Need~Healthy juices & lunch ideas~

Options
mnmdance
mnmdance Posts: 21 Member
Does anyone know of any healthy juices? I like to have some type of juice in the morning and lots of them have tons of sugar in them.
Also I bring my lunch to work everyday and need some new healthy ideas!

Replies

• Dstars27
    Dstars27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They make sugar free juice mixes- fruit punch, lemonade, raspberry lemonade, flavored teas, etc. My boyfriend and I have those on hand to make a quick pitcher of drinks when we want a glass of something sweet to drink. They have no sugar and zero calories in most cases!

For lunches I bought the cheap glad containers for salad that have a little cup inside to hold the perfect serving of dressing. I'll fill the container with about 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach or romaine lettuce, a small serving of cheese (usually feta), an 8oz serving of grilled chicken and then I make a quick dressing for the cup. Little bit of red wine vinegar, olive oil (I usually do two parts vinegar to one part oil), salt/pepper, dash of italian seasoning and sugar/splenda (add until it balances out the vinegar so ike it sweeter than others). Shake until the oil and vinegar combine and pour over your salad.

You can also make a wrap out of anything- chicken, avocado, black beans and lime. Turkey, apple slices and low fat cream cheese. The possiblities for healthy wraps are endless.

Fill a whole wheat/grain pita pocket will lettuce and a protein and serve will a low fat/cal dressing.

So many easy lunch options!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Vegetable juices are typically lower in sugar than fruit juices.