its one of those days....... =(

Options
its 2a.m. .... i'm wide awake.... browsing through the success stories on the forum.... they are sooo inspiring and motivating.... but at the same time...they make me wonder if I will lever be able to achieve my goal.... will that day ever come when i'll look in the mirror and will see a beautiful and confident girl looking back at me...instead of what i see right now.....

its has been a dream for more than10 years now to see myself as this fit and beautiful young girl.... but each year i feeeel like i'm drifting away....another year has come n gone!!!!!..... i know nothing will change untill i put the effort...... hmmm...... i dunno why....i'm feeeling pretty low tonite....and feeel like everything is just slipping away...... wonder if everything is ever going to be worth it.... or if i'm going the right way at all....

i wonder if i'm making any sense at all right now..... hmmm.....

Good night my MFP members....

Replies

• andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You might be feeling that way because of the "new year" coming. And since you feel as though you haven't accomplished what you wanted, it is making you feel down. But instead of that, look at the new year as a chance to make that change. You will never see that "beautiful girl" until you start thinking positive and acting as such. There are a lot of people who have a success story on here, as you said, but why don't you become one of those stories. Make a "monthly" resolution instead of a new years resolution.
    Write down a goal that you want to achieve at the beginning of each month and tape it to your bathroom mirror/bedroom door/fridge and do your best to accomplish it. Reward yourself at the end of the month if you achieve it. Something like a pedicure, new hair cut, a new shirt, whatever you want as long as it isn't food. You can do this too, you just have to believe in yourself. Everyone here is in the same boat and there are a lot of motivating people here.:wink:
    p.s.- Add me if you want. :)
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You might be feeling that way because of the "new year" coming. And since you feel as though you haven't accomplished what you wanted, it is making you feel down. But instead of that, look at the new year as a chance to make that change. You will never see that "beautiful girl" until you start thinking positive and acting as such. There are a lot of people who have a success story on here, as you said, but why don't you become one of those stories. Make a "monthly" resolution instead of a new years resolution.
    Write down a goal that you want to achieve at the beginning of each month and tape it to your bathroom mirror/bedroom door/fridge and do your best to accomplish it. Reward yourself at the end of the month if you achieve it. Something like a pedicure, new hair cut, a new shirt, whatever you want as long as it isn't food. You can do this too, you just have to believe in yourself. Everyone here is in the same boat and there are a lot of motivating people here.:wink:
    p.s.- Add me if you want. :)

yea :) that does sound great...... i have made up new goals for 2012... but i like d idea f keeping a monthly goal too..... :)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have done the same, monthly goal. It doesn't seem so daunting when it is only 30 days long and not a year! (I have yearly ones as well) Also it doesn't mean your goal has to be weight related. I have some that are nutrition related. Like drinking a glass of milk every day or eating 5 fruits/veggies a day.