Total Protein -56?

Options
What does this mean, I calculated my total for the day and it says I am -56 for my protein total of 1200 calories. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but does this mean I have eaten too much protein for the day? Should I be eating a lot mor vegetables? This is confusing me for some reason. Please any help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    What does this mean, I calculated my total for the day and it says I am -56 for my protein total of 1200 calories. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but does this mean I have eaten too much protein for the day? Should I be eating a lot mor vegetables? This is confusing me for some reason. Please any help would be appreciated!!

It just means that you went over the goal MFP sets as default by 56g. IMO the default setting for protein is too low.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My protein goes negative a lot. Should this be a huge concern being I work out for atleast and hour everyday.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would do a little research & then set your goals to Custom, this allows you to change your needs to a more personal level. From what I have seen the protein is incredibly low at the preset level. :(

Russ
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    All of the MFP settings for protein seem way low....but yes, it just means you went over by 56....
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    My protein goes negative a lot. Should this be a huge concern being I work out for atleast and hour everyday.

No it should not be a concern.

Protein needs are most accurately based on LEAN MASS. But if you want a starting point and you want to use MFP the way it is set up, you can increase your protein goal to around 25-30%, fat to 25-30% and then the rest in carbs. There are other ways to calculate macro nutrient needs too.....
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

It just means that you went over the goal MFP sets as default by 56g. IMO the default setting for protein is too low.
    You can go to goals and change the setting; I did to account for my own needs far above the recommended MFP intake.
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!