Female Teenager's Calories Per Day

Options
How many calories should a female teenager consumer per day? From research I've done around the net, seems like it's probably 2200. I'm guessing that is to maintain their weight, because they had factored in "growth calories".

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    How many calories should a female teenager consumer per day? From research I've done around the net, seems like it's probably 2200. I'm guessing that is to maintain their weight, because they had factored in "growth calories".
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I am a female teenager, and my daily calories to LOSE weight are 1200. To maintain weight, however, I don't know. I thought that 2200 would be for males, but I don't know much about it.
  • trritchie
    Options
    I am a female teenager, and if i put in the goal thing to maintain my weight its about 1700 calories a day.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    really, it depends on many factors: age, if you're going through a growth spurt, weight, height, activity level. Sorry I can't be clearer on that. If it's a real concern for you, maybe speak to your doctor? :ohwell:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different, one could be 1400 for maintenance, one could be 2200, it all depends on your height, weight, activity level, and your metabolic rate.

you can find out from here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598
  • FreckleButt
    Options
    Im a female teenager and my height is 5;1
    my calories to lose weight are 1200 per day
    to maintain it its like 1700 I think but I am not very active and stuff so that factors in as well if you play sports or are active alot you prolly need like 1700 or 1800 to lose weight
    GL :heart:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How old are you? My doctor told me that once you have your first TOM you are pretty much done growing. If you haven't stopped growing yet, I wouldn't limit your diet to much. You don't want to be super short like me!

I'm 18 and my maintaining calories are around 1900. To lose 1 pound per week is 1400 and 1.5 per week is 1200.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I have to disagree about having TOM and not growing anymore. I was shorter, tiny and quite flat all through HS then when I was 19 I grew! I got quite a bit taller and my shoulders got broader and my breasts grew.

I ran into people I had know all through HS and all of a sudden I was just as tall or taller then them..it was weird because I was used to being so small.