Children... Gotta love them

Options
Princesslenox
Princesslenox Posts: 23 Member
Well, I have two boys a four year old and a ten year old. Sometimes my four year old Nugget and I watch TV together and everytime a lipozene or a hydroxycut commercial comes on he says " Mom you need that" and I say " why is that Nugget?" His response " Because your fat."

At first my feelings are a little hurt, but then i realized if my own son feels that way then I wonder who else does. So I appreciated his honesty and tell him " Well geez Nugget give me some time I'll get there!"

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Most kids are brutally honest :smile: My 7 year old isn't afraid to tell people "you're being rude" or "Mommy your tummy is squishy" I like squishy. Somehow it's easier on my ego than the F word...
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    That's excellent! My four year-old nephew loves to poke my stomach and say "BOOP! Haha!"

Then he learned the word "jelly"... Yeah, at first I was self-conscious about it, but now I just poke his little toddler pot-belly right back.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, my son (he was probably around 7 at the time) told me, "You're the most beautiful woman in the world... even if you ARE really fat!"

A couple of months ago, my son (he's now 9) told me, "I'm so glad you lost all that weight. Now no one will EVER be able to tell me any 'your mamma's so fat' jokes!"

He is not a fan, however, of the fact that I can now wear his clothes - I steal his shirts all the time.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just wait until they can wrap your arms around you and tell you that "Mommy you're skinny" or "You use to be more comfortable" lol.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My son (5) started me on my weightloss journey by saying..

"Can fat people hop?"
    "Yeah..."
    "Well show me then."
    :noway:

So now, still fat, he tells me so.. But he was poking my tummy the other day and we talked about exercise and healthy eating as a way to look after ourselves.
  • Princesslenox
    Options
    That is sooo funny lol! What kills me is that they say it so matter-of-factly like you didn't know that... well now you do!
    I just looked at him and thought well you little son of a hmmm hmmm! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you named your kid Nugget?
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    fatass.jpg
  • Princesslenox
    Options
    No Nugget is his nick name. Augustus is his real name.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    fatass.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA

My daughter used to grab my belly and go "shake shake jiggle jiggle" now she complains cause I am not as comfortable to lay on.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

haha I hope you aren't offended.....I was just surprised....and reminded of Blanket.

I love his name :) (Augustus)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My daughter, Eva, answers to "Moo" - I get strange looks.
  • Princesslenox
    Options
    No I am not offended at all! Thank you, his personality fits his name.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

OMG!! Nugget is the cutest nickname ever!!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    fatass.jpg

Oh how I wish it was actually possible to laugh your *kitten* off. I do believe I would have lost half a pound seeing this.